Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCA 7.40/7.50 not starting correct

Gerber Dumeng
Occasional Contributor

VCA 7.40/7.50 not starting correct

Hi
since we updated our Servers to VCA 7.40 and newer, we have on some Server problems with the VCA (Win2000/2003 Servers). The Service is runnung, but the SMH is timeouting. On some Sever we can restart the VCA Service and everything rungs fine, it happens even on the Sim VCRM Server with the newest versions of everything....

ERROR LOG (severity=2) Wed Jun 14 11:06:48 2006
UI Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 72s [breakdown: dataprotection(Protect Your Data): 0s || hmanics(HP NIC Agent): 0s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 0s || vcagent(HP Version Control Agent): 69s || vcrepository(HP Version Control Repository Manager): 3s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 0s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]

on some Server the problem was fixed by removing and reinstalling the vca, but we still have 15 servers with this problem, reinstalling does not help... any ideas?

Thanks Dumeng

5 REPLIES
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: VCA 7.40/7.50 not starting correct

Usually the timeout issue with the VCA is because it is not configured. Do you have the VCA configured to point to a valid VCRM repository? Does it have valid credentials to access the repository? Other possibilities include some sort of network issue or a firewall between the VCA and the VCRM. What causes the VCA to timeout normally is the fact that it is trying to contact the VCRM but cannot connect to it for some reason - since it looks like you have the VCA and VCRM on the same system I would check to make sure that the VCA configuration looks correct.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Gerber Dumeng
Occasional Contributor

The Config is ok, it was working with the older version on the same box, and if i manualy restart the vca service, it works...
Jonas Back_2
Super Advisor

Did you resolve this issue? Having the same problem. Used to work - now it doesn't. Have doublechecked the credentials and SNMP.
Gerber Dumeng
Occasional Contributor

No, i do the usual, wait for the next version...
Silvester2
Frequent Advisor

ha!

I've found the solution for this.
at least it worked for my problem.

Please be sure in the SNMP service properties that you have 'localhost' added to the 'accept SNMP packets from these hosts' section.

Cheers,

Silvester