Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752786 Members
5725 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VCA Unable to update software and firmware packages from SIM 5: HTTP_STATUS: 401

Andrew Denley_2

VCA Unable to update software and firmware packages from SIM 5: HTTP_STATUS: 401

Hi All,

I have just installed SIM 5 and deployed PSP 7.4 to my servers. Now when the VCA tells me I have an out of date firmware (example iLO 1.4) and I try and update it thru SIM I get a failed on the task and the logs tell me "HTTP_STATUS: 401" and "The Smart Component file, cp005853.exe, could not be retrieved from the Version Control Repository Manager on server 89.xx.xx.xx. Downloads stopped."

This is what I get from the repository

----- START OF LOG
Entry Details
Severity Warning
Date / Time 4/11/2005 12:42:23 p.m.
Message Incorrect login account privilege or protocol for request.
Additional Data
(get) /vcrepository/repository

HTTP Headers:
HTTP_ACCEPT=*/*
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=
HTTP_COOKIE=Compaq-HMMD=0001-343b69d8-2ae3-2c4f-81e6-bb770d10f1dd-1131061343647862
HTTP_HOST=
HTTP_HPSMH_SESSIONDIR=C:/hp/hpsmh/session/0001
HTTP_VCREPOSITORY_PROP=operator:10;
PATH_INFO=/cgi-bin/vcrepository/cgi
PATH_TRANSLATED=c:/hp/hpsmh/data/cgi-bin/vcrepository/cgi
QUERY_STRING=legacyuri=/vcrepository/repository&file=cp005853.exe
REQUEST_METHOD=get

Query Parameters:
file=cp005853.exe
---- END OF LOG

Now I can run this manually if I am logged onto this server via unc path and generally see my repository quite happily.

The user I have configured is a domain admin and this machine is a member of the domain. I have configured the Management homepage to allow all (for the moment) and I am able to access this from SIM and see all I am able too.

From the server I am trying to get the package from under VCA I am able to browse the repository and access the catalog and manually download the file.

I am now sort of stumped. So any help would be great.

Andrew
Too Err is Technical - Too Really Mess things up requires "Sales"
1 REPLY 1
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: VCA Unable to update software and firmware packages from SIM 5: HTTP_STATUS: 401

On the system running the VCRM is the System Management Homepage set to allow Anonymous Access? If it is you may want to try disabling Anonymous Access, restart the VCRM and see if it behaves any differently.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?