1748072 Members
5674 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCA does not see repository

Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

This one really sounds like a stumper, but I don't want to give up. Have you tried one of the other accounts like user or operator with the same password to see if it lets you press "Next" and set the reference support pack?

Jeff
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Interesting, from what you've posted you have another Server that can talk to the VCRM okay?

You've tried using a Group Configuration Task using this Server as a template to push to the rogue Server and the login still fails? That should rule out login details providing the task completed okay.

Try browsing to https://server:2381/vcrepository and then looking at the Log File. Login Failures to the VCRM are recorded there, providing it is reaching the VCRM.

Ariel_7
Advisor

Jeff,Rob,

No funny names on either the VCRM or the VCA, both are very simple, no dashes, no underscores.

I have tried the operator account. My understanding is that if you do not set the other "canned" accounts, they default to the password assigned to the Administrator account. So, no luck there either.

The log on the VCRM shows nothing of interest, just the "VCRM started" and "Support pack added".

Ariel
Andrei Khairetdinov
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I had exactly the same behaviour of the VCA, but that happen when I tried to connect to VCRM through firewall. To fix the problem I had to open port 2301 from VCA to VCRM.
What happen if you telnet from VCA server to VCRM server on port 2301 ?
Jadrice Toussaint
Honored Contributor

Hello -

I know you've already uninstall and reinstall the vca agent, but I have an extra step for you to take to see if that resolves your issue.

1. uninstall the vca agent
2. Remove the directory C:\compaq\vcagent.
3. reboot then reinstall the vca agent.

Test your settings now and see if you can get vca to recognize the VCRM server.

Let me know how you make out.
Ariel_7
Advisor

Andrei,
Thanks, but the VCRM and the VCA are on the same subnet, nothing in the middle of them.
Jadrice,
Thanks for this suggestion. Because this requires a reboot, I'll be able to try this my next maintanance window. I'll let you know how this goes.
Thanks!
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

If there are no login failures in the VCRM Log, it seems to indicate that it's not getting as far as the VCRM.
That would seem to indicate some kind of name resolution issue.
Well, that's my guess!
Peter Fynney
Advisor

I am getting exactly the same problem, it all works ok on 22 VCA's but just from one VCA I get the exact same message, I've removed and reinstalled the management agents and VCA several times, but get exactly the same error, it is on the same network segment, i can ping the VCM OK.
If anyone can come up with a solution for this I would be so grateful
Peter Fynney
Advisor

This one Server is a Proliant 380, has Windows 2000 installed with SP4, the only difference with this server to all the rest is that it had an upgrade from Windows NT4 to 2000 Server, where as all the the others are either NT4 or 2000 fresh installs, dont know if this was the same as the server that Ariel is having problems with? Have tried ALL of the above, and is still the same, if I come across the solution, I will let you all know.
Ariel_7
Advisor

Peter,
Thanks for sharing your problem. Did you try Jadrice's suggestion above:
1. uninstall the vca agent
2. Remove the directory C:\compaq\vcagent.
3. reboot then reinstall the vca agent.
That was my next step, but if you've gone through the pain, I'll pass.
I am on a freshly installed W2Ksp3 380G3 with VCA 2.0. I am using the the VCRM from 6.4. I'll chime in here if I come up with anything.
Ariel