Re: VCA does not see repository

Ariel
1. uninstall the vca agent
Yes, I Uninstalled

2. Remove the directory C:\compaq\vcagent
Yes, Removed this folder

3. reboot then reinstall the vca agent.
Yes, Version 2.0

That was my next step, but if you've gone through the pain, I'll pass.
Dont Bother, it doesen't work.

I am on a freshly installed W2Ksp3 380G3 with VCA 2.0. I am using the the VCRM from 6.4.
Oh No, Thats that one out the Window.

I'll chime in here if I come up with anything.
Thanks, Keep in Touch

Pete
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

From the Server that is having difficulty accessing the VCRM can you ping the server using the name being specified in the VCA Configuration.
Maybe even do a Traceroute (tracert.exe), again using the name, to check that it's getting to the correct Server.

Try the Login Request from the Server. Use IM to access the VCRM and check for any entries in the log, it should report a Login Failure if the credentials are invalid.

Ariel_7
Advisor

I can ping the name of the VCRM server. Tracert reveals 1 hop (not traversing multiple subnets)
And from another posting above. >
The first msg I sent is what I see in the VCA LOG:
The repository specified, X , did not return a result
When I first go into the VCA (v2.0), I select Change Agent Settings, It then allows me to update my user\pwd and VCRM repository, I select Next, it then attempts to connect to the repository but comes back with this msg:
The Version Control Repository Manager, at X, could not be accessed using the specified account and password.
However, I KNOW I am using the right password (I am using the default Administrator account). I can say this because I've confirmed with another VCA server.
I've also re-entered the pwd several times no caps lock). <
The VCRM and the VCA logs do not show any failed login attempts. Rob mentions above, and I agree, that it does not seem to be getting to the VCRM server. The big question is why this one server can't, but others can?? Thanks for your suggestions.
-Ariel
Peter Fynney
Advisor

I get exactly the same symtoms on ONE Proliant Server ONLY.
There are no LOG Messages in the repository Manager log about any failed login.

The VCA attempts to connect to the repository but comes back with this msg:
The Version Control Repository Manager, at X, could not be accessed using the specified account and password.

Again I know I am using the correct User/Password combination, because it works OK on 22 other Proliant Servers.

This Server is running SQL 2000, no other server is! Is this the same as your server Ariel?
Jadrice Toussaint
Honored Contributor

Guys -

I would recommend you open up a case with HP on this one. I considered all sorts of possibilities but came up blank.
Ariel_7
Advisor

Peter,
No, I have a fairly small amount of Proliants and am not managing desktops, so I am using the included MSDE.
I'll likely open a case with HP on this and will report back the results.
Ariel
Peter Fynney
Advisor

Ariel

I meant the VCA Server, is that running SQL2000? not the VCRM Server/Desktop.
Ariel_7
Advisor

Nope, the problemed system (the VCA)is running Oracle 9iAS...But I have another running this as well without issues.
Ariel
Peter Fynney
Advisor

Ariel,

I tried installing the VCRM on another workstation, when I connect the Faulty VCA to this new empty Repository it logs in OK.

So I emptied the Repository on the Live VCRM, and it logged in OK.

When the Repository on the Live VCRM does an Auto Update from HP and downloads its 500MB of CP and BP files, it then fails to login.

Try it and see if you get the same results.

What is it in the Repository that is stopping the VCA from connecting?
Ariel_7
Advisor

Hi Peter,
Sounds like you're making more progress than me. This test did not work for me, I still get the above noted messages for this procedure. I hope to call HP soon about this.
Ariel