5237 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCA for VMWare ESX host Server

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

VCA for VMWare ESX host Server

Hi HP Chaps,

Is there any likelihood of a VCA for VMWare ESX Server to go with the other HP Agents?

It would simplify Firmware updates for us here!
6 REPLIES 6
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Rob:

Since a VMware version usually is certified with only 1 version of the drivers and agents, we haven't really conisdered it. Your firmware comment is well-taken however. I haven't tried the component pack firmware update on ESX, but if it works, a fairly simple TDEF could make it easy.

--DC
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

David,
You say you "haven't tried the component pack firmware update on ESX". How would you do this?

Run the cpnnnn.exe image from within a Windows virtual image?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Since the Service Console that has access to the hardware is running Red Hat Embedded, I'd try the "Online ROM flash component for Linux" for the appropriate platform from http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locOsCat/1116_54.html

Let me know what happens.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'll give it a try at some point and let you know the results.
The only firmware I need to update at the moment is the 5i Array, and there doesn't seem to be an online Linux version available for that.
Andrew Seymour

Has there been any update on this?

Just curious?

or is there a good FAQ?

TIA,

Andrew
janson_1

We recently upgraded firmware on our ESX servers by booting up with the HP firmware maintenance cd. There is an iso in the downloads. It scans the server and updates drives, controllers and system boards.