Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCA installed software missing

Jeffrey Belt
Occasional Contributor

VCA installed software missing

Hi

We have 4 HP NAS 2000's, on 3 of them in the version control agent it only shows about 5 items, as follows,

Name Installed Version Support Pack Version Latest Version
ProLiant DL 380G4 Storage Server

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array 6i 2.48 2.48

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array 6400 2.48 2.48

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out 1.82 1.82

Online ROM Flash component for Windows - HP ProLiant DL380 G4 (P51) 2005.06.02 2005.06.02

However, the server does have the full support pack on but the other components are not showing.

It does appear correctly on 1 server and as far as i can see all versions of VCA are the same.

Any ideas why they might be different?

i have found a file called loclinv.xml and tried copy it but that does not appear to work and all the relevant HP services\snmp appear to be installed and started.

Thanks

Jeff

3 REPLIES
Michael Ward_2
Occasional Advisor

Re: VCA installed software missing

We have the same problem - on all three of our NAS boxes, only the ROMs show up in the Version Control Agent.

Am looking for a solution too - did you manage to sort this out? If I find the answer, will post the result here.

Michael.
Jeffrey Belt
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I haven't found a solution yet, haven't had much time to look at it recently but if i do i will update.

Thanks

Jeff
Craig McK
Trusted Contributor

Hiya,

Same here on a DL380 G4 Storage Server - though it seems that in the repository the only components under Storage Server are the ROMs which are listed and the SMH..