6400 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VCA on Windows XP

Michel Bos
Occasional Advisor

VCA on Windows XP

Hello,

I installed SIM 5.0 and VCRM on a windows XP system. VCRM needs VCA to be installed to auto update the resposity. Is there a VCA client for Windows XP? I'm using a HP DC7600 system.

Best regards,
Michel
5 REPLIES 5
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Re: VCA on Windows XP

Hi

The VCA is an agent that runs only on ProLiant servers and Integrity servers. It is not supported on a dc7600.

The auto update will work when a server will be configured to communicate with the VCRM.(vca configuration)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=344313

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00293346/c00293346.pdf

Regards

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Michel Bos
Occasional Advisor

Hello Fred,

thanks for your reply. The second link does not work. The first link works. Okay, I can not install the VCA on Windows XP / dc7600. Currently VCRM and SIM are installed on this workstation and work perfectly. Only auto update does not work, I receive as error message in VCRM that VCA is not installed on my workstation. Do you know a workaround or do I need to install the VCRM on a different ( W2K / W2K3 ) server with VCA installed?

Thanks.
Michel
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

VCA is not required on the system running VCRM. The reference about auto-update needing VCA installed is that it will not work unless you have a target system running VCA that is pointing to the VCRM. In other words you need to have a server running VCA and have it configured to point to the VCRM for auto-download to work properly. This way the auto-download code knows what to download.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Michel Bos
Occasional Advisor

Okoy, thanks.

Michel
Michel Bos
Occasional Advisor

Okay, thanks.

Michel