New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCA upgrade with 7.40A agents

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

New information regarding this issues:
While loading the Sys Homepage for this particular server (acutally any server I have the VCA timeout on) I get the following errors:

Line: 1898
Char: 1
Error: 'iscsiInstanceAttributesEntry' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: https://:2381/proxy/smhui/chptree.htm

Line: 1942
Char: 9
Error: 'cpqHeResilientMemCondition' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: https://:2381/proxy/smhui/chptree.htm

Then I get a timeout message from the SYS home page. It loads but not all the way. Hope this helps. This only happens on the same servers I'm having the VCA timeout issue on.
Elinus Liga
Occasional Advisor

Usually I will install or upgrade "HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller driver" and "HP ProLiant System Management Controller driver" when upgrade SMH as well. (found in PSP > Driver - System Management)
Also check the installation log file whether you need to reboot the server after installing them.
Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

Is there a support number that I can call? I just did a full install of the PSP 7.40A on a server (upgraded from 7.10) and I'm now seeing the "Unable to load certificate file during SSL Server Initialization" error message. We can't roll out 7.40 until these issues are resolved. Thanks.
rcseattle
Frequent Advisor
Solution

I don't see a mention of SNMP security settings in this thread.

Having SNMP security set to "Accept SNMP packets from these hosts" and not having localhost in there will cause the SMH to time out.

That's default on Server 2003 and you need both localhost and the name of the CMS.
Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

Cool!! That did it. Looks like we had some servers (even 2003) that the "localhost" was removed from the SNMP service settings. I added it to all my test systems (2000/2003) and everything is working great now. Thanks so much.
Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

The server "localhost" was missing from our SNMP service settings. This is required by the SM Homepage and VCA.