1752354 Members
6314 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCAgents reporting "Not configured"

Rowdy1124
Occasional Advisor

VCAgents reporting "Not configured"

I have a fresh SIM install and have an odd issue. Several of my VCAs are showing "Software Version Status - Unknown VC Agent Not Configured" in the systems view. The odd part is, when you connect to the agents, they show that they are configured. They are all running VCA 2.1.9.790 and SOME of the other agents work. THis doesn't appear to be a network issue, since the agents can talk to the VCRM and populate the PSP list... It just appears that they aren't reporting to SIM that they have been configured.

The other aspects of SIM seem to be working fine, this is my first major bug. If i need to provide any additional information, please let me know and I'll quickly respond.
5 REPLIES 5
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Do you have the ones that are reporting as not configured, pointing to a reference support pack?
Rowdy1124
Occasional Advisor

Yes, the VCAs that are shown as "Not Configured" in SIM are pointing to PSP7.90A for Win 2k3s. They recognize the repository and populate the software list with the correct versions and installation info. I have even deployed software from the VCA page on these servers to ensure that they could talk to the Repository manager...

From the individual servers SMH, the Version Control Agent appears to be happy and displays the correct software status (Most of my systems have not been updated to PSP 7.9 yet, so they display as "Major" when viewed from SMH).

Rancher
Honored Contributor

Oh, I struggled with this as well. What I finally did was this: on the ones showing the problem, restart the version control agent service on the servers affected. Then run a software polling on these servers. This should fix it for you.
Rowdy1124
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. That worked great.

I was making the assumption that the system ran at least a nightly refresh on these statuses so I had not looked for a manual way to do it.
Rowdy1124
Occasional Advisor

The last user to respond gave me a workable solution.