4761 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCRM 7.3.0 repository not up to date after several updates from hp.com

Manuel Dobrounig
Occasional Advisor

VCRM 7.3.0 repository not up to date after several updates from hp.com

Hello,

we updated the VCRM to Version 7.3.0 a few days ago. After facing and solving the compatibilty problems (VCRM 7.3 <-> VCA 7.2.x) we found another problem in our environment.

Despite a few manual and automatic updates of the version control repository (from hp.com) there were no actual FW (ILO 1.32) or System BIOS (2013.12.20) versions downloaded to our local vcrm repository. So, certainly the VCA Website doesn't offer any of the last updates. For example, the following BIOS version (2013.09.18 ) is offered as the actual version from our repository.

So, is that another problem with VCRM 7.3.0 that no current FW/BIOS can be downloaded? Or due to the general change of access HP firmware that these updates  are not available through the automatic VCRM offered download?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

2 REPLIES 2
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

A lot of things can impact automatic downloading - not a whole lot of detail to offer helpful solutions.

I don't know of any particular issues with VCRM 7.3.1 impacting autodownload... I have long been a fan of not relying on autodownload... any time a new SPP is released I simply download it directly to the repository and let VCRM extract it. Everytime I'd do a .0 upgrade I'd always clean out the repository and re-populate it or create new repository  for VCRM if customer wanted to maintain the old one for a time.

Manuel Dobrounig
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

general the automatic download process was working. After installation and configuration HPSIM/VCRM 7.3.0 from scratch, I started the downoad process within the VCRM by the build-in function "download from hp.com now".
Several packages like FW/drivers/SPP were downloaded to the new generated repository, BUT not the current versions of ILO or System BIOS. Now, the scheduled update jobs just returning

"The automatic repository update process completed successfully. No new, applicable files were found for download."

So, on my mind there are new files on the HP repository available like the named ILO and BIOS versions.

Thx, br