108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCRM Filling Up Local Drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
Greg Hopp
Occasional Advisor

VCRM Filling Up Local Drive

VCRM is @1.3 Gb on a local partition of the SIM server version 4.1 SP1 and I'm running out of space.

Can I somehow reduce the size of the VCRM or must it be allowed to grow forever? Is there an interface I can use to reduce the size of the repository?

Thanks,

Greg
3 REPLIES 3
Ananthak23
Trusted Contributor

You can delete the OS support packs which are not needed for your environment which will reduce the Repository size. If you are not running Windows NT in your environment then you can delete the NT support packs.
If you have multiple versions of the same support pack like 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 etc...then you might want to delete the old support pack if it is not needed.
To delete the support pack go to Catalog tab->delete a component and select the appropriate support packs.

Other option would be to move your Repository folder to a different partition which has enough space for these support packs.
You can also try compressing the Repository folder.

-Anantha

Craig McK
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Greg,

You can view/modify the repository contents using the HP Version Control Repository Manager link on the left of the repository servers System Management Homepage
Greg Hopp
Occasional Advisor

Craig, thanks that was the answer to my question!

The only thing I'll add for newbies like myself is that when you open up SIM, in order to use Craig's instructions you must first find your VCRM server on the list and click on it before you'll see the options he describes.

Once you do that, you're good to go.