108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCRM Not Updating with error 12003

SOLVED
Go to solution
Doug Krsek
Occasional Advisor

VCRM Not Updating with error 12003

Since May 8, 2005 our VCRM has not been updating. I have rebuilt the catalog and forced an update at different times of the day, but I still get the following error message. It happens immediately when the update starts. Any ideas what to try?

The automatic repository update failed because an error occurred while retrieving the download site catalog.

Error for file: catalog.xml
Error code: 12003
An extended error was returned from the server.550 /pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml: No such file or directory.
9 REPLIES 9
Ananthak23
Trusted Contributor

Try renaming catalogindex.xml and catalog.xml files under C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository\ and then restart the VCRM service and check for the updates.

-Anantha
Doug Krsek
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the quick response. I checked the path C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository\ and it does not have any files in it at all. Sounds like I'm missing some?

-Rick
Mike Anglen

I'm also having the same issue with the same error. I checked the path above and it's also empty.

How do I replace these files?
Doug Krsek
Occasional Advisor

After reading the responses in http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=904615 I'm going to attempt to remove and reinstall the VCRM.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

can you check accessing ftp.hp.com and ftp.compaq.com in Passive mode from your VCRM system.

I think VCRM uses Passive Mode ftp connection.
Wijnand Lammens
Advisor
Solution

I had the same thing, also an empty folder "C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository".

I put an empty file named "catalog.xml" in there and restarted the download. No error message this time, it's downloading files now.

Doug Krsek
Occasional Advisor

I'll have to try that if it happens again. Didn't occur to me to put an empty file there! At this point I already uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it is working again. Thanks to all of you for your responses.
Chris England

I am getting this error as well with HP SIM 5. I tried reinstalling VCRM 2.1 and I also tried the empty file thing. Port 21 is wide open.

Could really use a solution for this.

Chris
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

At last.

According to other entries on this forum, the problem has to do with "passive FTP" not getting through to the Internet.

I got the same error when installing HPSIM 5 SP4 in a test environment. When connecting directly to Internet, no updates at all to VCRM. When I relayed the Internet access across an ISA2000-server, the VCRM-updates failed because of a "500 Illegal Port"-error on the ISA-server.

The problem was solved by allowing "passive FTP" through the ISA2000-server: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300641/en-us

If you are not using ISA, you might have to implement a similar setting on your firewalls.