1748119 Members
3298 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

VCRM menus missing with Linux version?

Brad6266
Occasional Contributor

VCRM menus missing with Linux version?

Hi.  I'm running HP SIM 7.0.0 and VCRM 7.0.0 under RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2.

When I bring up the 'HP Linux Version Control Repository Manager' page from the System Management Homepage a web page is rendered with two high-level tabs - 'catalog' and 'log'.

But I see from the VCRM user manual that there should be other tabs, such as 'home', 'reports' and 'archive'.

Similarly, the 'catalog' tab that I *do* have has just three menu toptions directly underneath the tab - 'Show repository contents', 'Change Repository folder' and 'update from hp.com now'.  But the manual has a picture with a range of different menu options:

create a custom software baseline

delete items

copy items to another repository

configure a component

rescan repository and rebuild catalog

In fact, since I don't have these nifty functions, the only way I've been able to set up my VCRM repository has been to copy my Proliant Support Packs directly to the VCRM repository directory and then restart the VCRM.

I've found no hint at all in the documentation about why these menus/functions might be missing (in the Linux version).  I'm wondering if there's some configuration magic I have yet to perform.

Can anyone give me any tips?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Pauliusm

Re: VCRM menus missing with Linux version?

Hi,

I have same problem with HP SIM 7.2.0 with VCRM on centos 6.4 x86_64.

Only 2 tabs visible - catalog and log.

Still no solution...

JoostdeHeer
Advisor

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Some more information:

When I restart the VCRM service and then browse to the VCRM webpage, I see the following error in the console:

Fatal Error at (unknown file , line 0 , column {null} ): An exception occurred! Type:XMLPlatformException, Message:Could not determine base pathname of the file

Joost

EWolfgang
Occasional Visitor

I can confirm this issue on CentOS 6.4.

Is there any solution out there?

regards Wolfgang

loadaverage

Same problem on RHEL 6.4
I need the set proxy option to allow the host connect to hp.com via proxy, anyone doing this with the Linux version?

KDO

I too have get the console Fatal Error message.  Only 2 tabs, catalog and log on the VCRM via the SMH.  Can't deploy software via SIM.  SIM 7.2 on Red Hat 6.4.

Paul Groeneweg

Same problem here.

Anyone found the solution to get the VCRM working on Centos 6.5 x86_64 ?