1748123 Members
3252 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VCRM updates

n.price
Advisor

VCRM updates

Version Control Repository Manager, we all use it and probably love it. Very useful.

Lately I have turned on the automatic updates feature and to my dismay, it has decided to download the entire library of PSPs. Is there any way to choose which product families or operating systems you would like it to download automatically, and exclude the rest?

Eg: we have no NT4, so I want no nt4 packages to be downloaded. Same with Itanium hardware for example.

Haven't been able to find any options so just wondered if there were any custom hacks or configuration files that people were aware of that would help me achieve this.

Cheers,

n
2 REPLIES 2
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: VCRM updates

I go by these rules that seem to work for me.
1.that it will update whatever is already there. Eg If there is no DL380G5 firmware or Blade Power Firmware it will not download it.
2. It will download the PSP before for each OS PSP you load in the repository.
3. If it sees a component of a PSP then it will download the the who PS. (Not sure if it looks at any of the psp .txt .cmd or .xml files for this.)

You need to remove any (solely) NT4 files from the repository and ensure there are no .txt .cmd and .xml files for NT4 PSPs.
n.price
Advisor

Re: VCRM updates

Interesting....

Thanks for the reply Adrian Clint. There were some old PSPs left in there by a previous administrator so I will see if removing them makes a difference.