1753670 Members
5349 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VMM Demo Keys assigned wrong

Gerald LaVallee
Frequent Advisor

VMM Demo Keys assigned wrong

I have assigned all my keys to VMServer Hosts and cannot demo a V2V or V2P from a MS VS Host; this is what I need to do before we buy real licenses; can someone help me move at least 1 key to facilitate this demo?
What ever it takes!
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: VMM Demo Keys assigned wrong

Possibly answered in the other query.
The VMM Licenses are used for licensing the VM Host servers, the Server Migration Pack licenses are used for the P2V, V2V and V2P migrations themselves.
Gerald LaVallee
Frequent Advisor

Yes that is correct and understood...but you need to have the Host(s)running the VMM agent, assigned a key (licensed) and registered before you can migrate a VM between Virtual layers.

So, I cannot successfully demo this migration without buying a real license or getting one of my erroneous assigned demo licenses transferred.
What ever it takes!
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Alas, no as with a number of the HPSIM server licenses they are one only deployments.

You could contact your local HP folk they may be able to provide an additional demo license.

Another option may be to wait for HPSIM 5.1, deploy it to a new Server and apply the demo keys as required from there. I believe it's due mid-Jan ish...!
Gerald LaVallee
Frequent Advisor

gasp! Houston, we have a problem!
Thanks for your help...again!!!
jerry
What ever it takes!