1753723 Members
4663 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMM License problem

stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

VMM License problem

We have a customer with latest version of HPSIM and VMM .
Looking at the licenses page it has a few permanent and demo vmm licenses .
Apparently 4 hosts have been assigned permanent licenses but of them only one appears when we select unassign license .
In the license window one of the four show the "hardware mismatch" message in the last column . Other 2 shows a "OK" in the last column . Only one seems to have correctly been assigned the license.

I tried to reassign a license to the hosts with problem but got the message they have already a permanent license.

Question is , how can I forcily unassign the license and then reassign them ?

thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure that you can.
My understanding is that you can assign a license but until it is actually used by the target that assignment isn't complete. So if you assigned it to the wrong machine you could unassign it before it was actually allocated.
But once that license has been used then it is assigned.
There are a number of steps to completing the license assigning and usage process. I seem to recall I've been caught in the past by not checking the appropriate box in one of the screens and the process was never completing.
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

I'm sure I've checked the box to assign the license because as soon as I check it a pop up windows says that the host has already been assigned a license
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Stefano,

In the Assigning Licenses page lists the selected system's name, licensing status, operating system, system type and IP address. Selecting one or more systems from this list and clicking "Assign License Now" will refresh the page and shows the updated license status.

"Hardware Mismatch" is that under System Type ?

Regards,
James.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Also,
What is the System Status - critical/major/minor ?

Regards,
James.
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

In the "assign license" page I can see only "real" unlicensed servers.

Attached the screenshot of licensed servers .
There are 2 marked as OK and the one with hardware mismatch which does not show if I select " unassign license "
thanks

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Stefano,

Look at the System Status of the "system - d1m1" ... is it normal ? or major or critical ?

Situation :
host is licensed but not communicating with the VMM pack.

Regards,
James.
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

the status of the host m1 is "ok" no major , warning or minor.
If I open the properties of the host and expand the vmm host configuration details it says that is running vmm 2.1 (but I've installed 2.2 ) and under "Virtual Machines" cannot see any VMM which is currently running on the host
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

After a couple of VMM Agent restart it seems that now the Host is recognized properly. If I expand the "virtual machine " link in the host property I can see the VM.

Now I have a different problem .
All the VM are shown as "type Unknown" in the system page .
What should I configure to have the VM recognized properly as "server" ?

Thanks
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Check list:

1) VMM Agent
2) Registering VMM

Note: If you have UPGRADED the VMM Pack, By default this will UNREGISTER the AGENTS.

Also, "Configure & repair Agents" !!

Regards,
James.