1753519 Members
4791 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMM NIghtmare

Ranganath
Occasional Advisor

u may also want to verify that the global credentials configured in SIM does match with the account settings(userid/pass) on teh VMs
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

Pal Pal :
The guests are all configured the same with SNMP already enabled and configured .

Ranganath
I set the global setting for WMI/WEBEM with a domain user which is a domain admin too so is by default member of local administrators group.

I recheck the settings but I did it lot of times by now

As update :
Today I noticed that a few of the VM are shown correctly as VM hosted-by server.
As , I said , they are all configured the same it's still difficult to me to understand how VMM works ( or doesn't work )

Thanks
Stefano
Ranganath
Occasional Advisor

Stefano,
This particular problem is not new. you can find a similar query in this forum. The problem is not with the VMM. The WEBEM protocol that SIM uses to discover the VMs is where the problem lies. We have in the past that WEBEM service on windows goes unresponsive/slow in some cases. In such cases SIM would not be able to identify the type of the VMs. That is the reason why I have been suggesting to try various options to fix the WEBEM communication. There is a fix for this in SIM5.1.Until then this is the work around to fix the problem.

Thanks
Ranga
Ed_178
Advisor

Try the following (it worked for me)

On you VM install this
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21071.html

Make sure ports 5989 and 5988 are open between your SIM server and you VM (and VM host)

Login to sim and select the VM you just installed the tool on. Go to Tools and Links and select System protocol settings.

Under WBEM settings select use this value and enter port 5989 put in a user name with local admin rights (just for this test) and enter the password. Verify that all SNMP setting are correct on the VM and on the SIM server and hit OK.

Run an identification task against the Vm and it should populate with all the info.

If that doesn't work there are some more drastic steps that you can try but try that for now.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Stefano,
Mine is more stable now. But I did have to clear out the nodesecurity.xml file.
I stopped HPSIM, renamed the file and then restarted HPSIM and let it create a new one.

I then re-subscribed the HPSIM Server to the wbem events and then enabled wbem globally but with no credentials.
I then used the mxnodesecurity cli to recreate the required server specific wbem entries for each of the servers that use wbem.

This has proved quite reliable so far.

I've found that whenever I have Global Credentials entered various wbem problems occur, not all to do with VMM.