Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748071 Members
5441 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMM Problems afrer SIM upgrade

Dav1

VMM Problems afrer SIM upgrade

Hi All. I have upgraded SIM (only sim) from C.05.01.00.00 to C.05.01.00.02 and after that, VMM 2.1 menus disapeared from VM Host servers details. I have to run registration on all VM Hosts. After that I am no longer able to access VM templates on ESX server created before SIM upgrade!! VMM does not "see them". Any clue how to fix IT? Anyone knows where vmm stores information about existing templates? Reinstalation of VMM is not a solution...

thx
DAvid
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Reinstallation of VMM may be the only solution.
Especially if the menus have gone.
I don't think VMM holds the templates, I think they're stored on the ESX servers and the informaton about those is provided by Virtual Centre. VC is linked to by HPSIM, but if you've lost the menus then chances are you've also lost that link.
Dav1

Thanx for reply. Reinstalation does not solve anything. Templates are of course physicaly on ESX server. But VMM definetely has information about their location stored somewhere on sim... I do not use VC, only infrastructure client (single ESX). I have to recreate them because I will need them soon. For me it looks like upgrade bug:-(
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Can't help much as we've got VMM disabled at the moment as it seems to conflict with VMotion under some circumstances. Also we use Virtual Centre.
Dav1

Hi. I have partialy solved it. VMM keeps info about existing templates in its database, clear so far. But if you change their location, or these db entries are lost or damaged somehow, vmm service automaticaly clears them. Unfortunately vmm agent does not scan esx datastore for presence of vmm templates, so if you want to use them again, you have add their rows to database manualy..... (or manualy recreate them of course).

David