CA1499584
Regular Advisor

VMM Registration works but still not see it on Licencing

Operating system: Windows 2003
Version: Systems Insight Manager 5.3 with SP1 - Windows
Build version: C.05.03.01.00
HP Virtual Machine Management Pack 3.6

Problem:

I register ESX server to use VMM all work, when trying to see VM performance I see error "HP VMM can connect to the VM Host, but the host is not licensed for HP VMM" I also can't see it having a licence under Licence Manager, I'm using ICE we buy per every chassys Blade we buy, ANy help apresiated.

I also can't assing licence for PMP so it looks to be a licencing issue :(

8 REPLIES 8
Newton S
Frequent Advisor

Re: VMM Registration works but still not see it on Licencing

How SIM, VMM & PMP were installed, was it through IS DVD installer or via standalone executables?

What is the error message displayed when you Apply a license to the ESX host,
Deploy->License Manager-> ?
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

All SIM had been apply using the DVD. To register ESX is thru the VMware Host Registration => Register VM Host ==> Linux ... All that works and gets register, acording to the messages on the logs. but when trying to use it under any of the ESX TAB => VM Performance I get host not licence, no mather how many times I try same proccess ... , Under Licence Manager I don't see any host name been register so I know isn't working no matter it said it did on the logs
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

A quick look at the ICE docs suggest that three licenses need to be loaded per server - has that been done?

VMM & PMP are both products that require a license. The indicators are that this hasn't been fully licensed.
In order to use PMP on an ESX Host server you also need VMM. So both licenses need to be in place.
Newton S
Frequent Advisor

Registration of VM host will work though it is not licensed,
But to manage the VM Host, license needs to be applied (either ICE or VMM license is required)

1. Add License key in SIM (Deply-> Lice Mgr)
2. Apply the license to the ESX Host
3. Re-identify the (Registered) ESX host.
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

All this has been done. ICE licences I have about 500. and no mather what I do it dosen't show up at all VMM works and said it is registered.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

1. Are you sure you are using ICE licenses not the older license that came with the blades called ICDC. As ICDC does not have VMM licenses included.

2. Have you tried licensing it with one of the trial 90day VMM licenses that get installed with SIM?
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

called HP SUpport, The Issue is that Insight Software isn't working, Re comended to upgrade using DVD 3.10 and that made the trick.. I'm closing this thread, thanks to all for your reply's
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

see my prev. reply