1754021 Members
8110 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VMware VirtualCenter Settings

Project Team
Advisor

VMware VirtualCenter Settings

When trying to configure the settings the "Run Now" option becomes disabled when the username has a "domain name" with a hyphen in it!

Is there a work-a-round so that I can register my VCC? This is needed - help

Regards

JP
6 REPLIES 6
NEETI TOLIA
Frequent Advisor

Is this from SIM+VMM that you are talking about?
Project Team
Advisor

I hope the attached pictures better explain the problem, but I believe the answer to your qustion is yes!

Is this functionality only available when the VMM is installed?

Thanks in advance.
NEETI TOLIA
Frequent Advisor

yes,this is the VMM fucntionality and it should be installed to make things work. Over and above this, the basic VC settings ie defining a server farm etc need to be setup from VC itself.
Project Team
Advisor

I appreicate what you are saying, I have set up the vmware side of things and this is all working fine.

The issue is with SIM NOT allowing me to enter a user name that has a domain name with a '-' in the name.

As you can see from the pictures previously attached, if the domain\username has no additional characters in in the 'Run Now' button is enabled. However, as soon as I enter our domain name (which has a '-' in it), the 'Run Now' button now becomes disabled!

This is bug in SIM and not the vmware settings! Is there a work around, or where can I report this problem?

Thanks
JP
NEETI TOLIA
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Following quote from release notes might help.
3. For user name and passwords, the following guidelines apply:
â Database user names and passwords containing spaces are not supported.
â Oracle user names containing slash marks (/, \) are not supported.
â Microsoft SQL passwords containing quotes (") or the pipe character (|) are not supported.
â VirtualCenter user names and passwords must contain only alphanumeric characters.
Unquote

As per this, the - (hyphen ) is not allowed. I would suggest logging a call with HP support to take it forward
Project Team
Advisor

What is the best way to log a call with support - i.e. How? When I go to the Support Case Manager and try and raise a call for software, I am required to choose a contact! I do not have a contract for SIM!!!