108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VPM Generic Radia Error

Charles Tascarella

VPM Generic Radia Error

Specs:

Windows Server 2k3, SP2
Latest versions of Insight Manager and VPM

I receive the following error when trying to patch any server with Patch Fix Based on a Scan..

Event Details: VPM Generic Radia Error
An error has been detected in the Radia Patch Manager component of VPM

Error parsing patch entitlement list : soapenv:Client {getPatchEntitlementList Error - Unable to read Patch Entitlement File for node=MYSERVER}

Everything else in HP SIM works, so I don't think it's an authentication issue, but who knows.. any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Leone Cesca
Advisor

Re: VPM Generic Radia Error

Do you have the last VPM SoftPack installed on the system (SP36456)?

It can be downloaded from

This SP will probably fix this issue.

Thanks.
Charles Tascarella

Thanks for the response.

I installed the SoftPak after the inital VPM installation, so this isn't the issue.

After some digging, I found a logfile located here:

Program Files\HP\VPM\radia\ConfigurationServer\log\radish.log

In this log, I'm seeing alot of this:

TLS/tls1: verify/0: Bad Cert: self signed certificate (rc = 0)

It seems Radia Configuration Server doesn't like my self-signed certificate, though I'm not going to waste the time getting one from a CA.. so I switched the server trust relationship to "Server Trust" on the managed server and tried to run the patch again, but I'm still getting the same error in the logfile regarding the Bad Cert.

Has anyone run into this? I haven't done any reboots yet, I'll give it a try but I don't think it'll solve the problem.. I need to somehow get Radia to trust the servers on my network. Maybe there's a special Radia command line trick?

Again, thanks in advance for any advice!
Charles Tascarella

I installed a Certification Authority (CA) on the server and created a new certificate, so now it's not self-signed. Rebooted, updated Server Management Homepage with the new certificate info, everything is confirmed trusted with SMH, and I can still perform any action I want within SIM.

I tried to update the SIM server itself with a Patch Fix Based on a Scan (you'd think the server would trust itself?), but now I see the new error in radish.log :

TLS/tls1: verify/1: Bad Cert: self signed certificate in certificate chain (rc = 0)

At least it's a different error, so maybe the root cause is with Radia/VPM certificate handling, no clue. How can I get VPM to trust? I give up >.<
Leone Cesca
Advisor

Please verify the follow:

Did you scan the target before run Patch Fix Based on Scan? Is there any warning message on task result related to Scan?

Does the CMS have a directory in the HP SIM tree to hold that target system's
scan and patch history? Like: C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\hpwebadmin\webapps\ROOT\mxportal\home\STATScanner\Nodes\mrobl20p0

Can you ping CMS from target by name? Sometimes targets can't reach CMS back.

Could you please send me this log that you told me before? (Program Files\HP\VPM\radia\ConfigurationServer\log\radish.log)

Thanks!