1753810 Members
7938 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VPM Issue

VPM Issue

Hi to all
I have one server Prolaint Dl140 with HP SIM 5.0 SP2 y Vulnerability and Patch Management 2.01 to scan for vulnerability 3 redhat 4 ES server. I has been copied the file systemid to redhat-4es.sid on the HP SIM server (D:\Program Files\HP\VPM\radia\IntegrationServer\etc). I┬┤d scan the server the first server and I get the vulnerability report, but when launch scan to others linux server the task finish with major error "No file or registry Access".

I dont know the redhat-4es.sid format when I have multiples systemdid file, How can I register multiples server in this file?

What can I do to scan succesfull the other server?

Thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4
Lucas Medina
Frequent Advisor

Hi Milton,

I would say that the user and password of the target Linux server might be different, if so, please update them on System Protocol settings and restart the scan again.
Any chance for the Linux Firewall is turned on? If so, turn off it as well.
In addition, the latest VPM available version is 2.0.3, if you could make this upgrade, that would be great.

Please let me know if these changes makes your scan over Linux system becomes properly working.

Thanks,
Lucas

Hi Lucas,
The password for this linux server is correct editing the system properties, in fact I can run "df" task from HP SIM with no error.

I guess that the error may be the redhat-4es.sid, because I have to register the other server and I have only one file and I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for your help
Lucas Medina
Frequent Advisor

Hello Milton,

Could you solve your issues?

Thanks,
Lucas

Lucas,
The problem was resolved:
1.-Edit system properties for each server with OS and Model (for example BL20P).
2.-Edit redhat-4es.sid with redhat-4es0.sid,redhat-4es1.sid, redhat-4es2.sid, etc. with the Redhat systemid on each server.

BR