Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752588 Members
4520 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VPM Patches don't get updated

Mike De Luca

VPM Patches don't get updated

Hello, I am using HP SIM5.0 Sp5 and VPM2.02, when I perform a vulneribility scan on a client servers running windows 2003 or windows 2000 and try to apply the patch MS07-028 that VPM reported that it's needed, HP sim still shows this as a "X" as it thinks there is still a vulnerability even after I install the patch. When I run the Validate install patches, it shows that it's been installed.

Any advice would be appreciated,
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Lucas Medina
Frequent Advisor

Re: VPM Patches don't get updated

Hi Mike,

I have two suggestions:
- Please make the update for 2.0.3 available at www.hp.com/go/vpm
- Doesn't the patch require to reboot the system?
Double Check it at Diagnose > VPM > View Patch Installation Status > View Patches Installed by VPM.

In the middle of July the version 2.1 is going to be available as well.

Thanks,
Lucas
Mike De Luca

Thanks Lucas!
I've upgraded to VPM 2.0.3 and that fixed the issue...but now after the upgrade, I'm getting the following errors when I try to run the validate installed patches on a system:

Event Severity: Minor
Summary: Invalid License Warning

Explaination: The system (system name) was removed from the targets' list because it is not licensed or the license has expired.

Event Severity: Critical
Summary: Invalid License Error

Explaination: Unable to launch the tool because there is no valid system in the targets' list.

I've checked license manager and the status for all server licences are OK.

I also noticed that after the upgrade, when I view patch installation status by system their where no systems listed.

Thanks,
Mike
Lucas Medina
Frequent Advisor

So you mean that the license manager shows you as available the systems but it doesn't enable the functionalities saying the licenses has expired?
Is there a chance for you provide remote access to this machine?
I appreciate and sorry for the late response,
Lucas