108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VPM There are no patches in the repository

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel A
Advisor

VPM There are no patches in the repository

I have installed HPSIM and VPM in the same server (ProLiant DL585) running Windows 2003.
I've run Acquire Updates and review the log file C:\Program Files\HP\VPM\radia\IntegrationServer\logs\patch-acquire.log and it appears that the acquire is correct and I can see the patches on C:\Program Files\HP\VPM\radia\IntegrationServer\data\patch\

But when I try to patch a server appears the following message:

There are no patches in the repository.

Any idea?

6 REPLIES 6
Lucas Medina
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: VPM There are no patches in the repository

Hello Daniel,

Could you tell me which VPM and HPSIM versions you are running over?

In addition, if you use proxy to connect to the internet, please set this seetings at Options > VPM > Settings.

Make sure that there are contents in the folder C:\Program Files\HP\VPM\radia\IntegrationServer\data\patch\, usually when it does not have proxy properly configured, VPM creates the folders but there are no patches into it.

Thanks,
Lucas
Daniel A
Advisor

Hi Lucas,

I'm running Systems Insight Manager 5.1 - Windows version: C.05.01.00.00 and Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack 2.0.3

I don't use proxy and I've check C:\Program Files\HP\VPM\radia\IntegrationServer\data\patch, I've the followin folders:

Custom
hp_vpm
legacy
microsoft
novadigm
redhat

And each one has more files inside

Thanks!!
Lucas Medina
Frequent Advisor

Hi Daniel,

We have an issue related to the issue you are experiencing, it is already fixed but it goes to be available for July only.

Could you tell me what were the OS and Laguages you have chosen in the acquire? I can try to duplicate and try to figure out the patches that are blocking to database to get populated.

For now, I would suggest you make another acquire and verify if the problem is not duplicated anymore.

Thanks,
Lucas
Daniel A
Advisor

Hi Lucas,

I've chosen the following S.O.:

Red Hat Enterprise Server 2.1
Red Hat Enterprise Server 3.x
Red Hat Enterprise Server 4.x
Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows 2000 Server
Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server
Windows XP Professional
Windows Small Business Server 2000
Windows Small Business Server 2003

In Spanish and English language

But I've chosen only Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition in English and I've the same issue.

Thanks
Matheus Soares

Hi Daniel,

Please reset your environment and remake your acquire but at this time select only Windows 2003 Enterprise english. Send us the log file "C:\Program Files\HP\VPM\radia\IntegrationServer\logs\patch-acquire.log " when your acquisition it├в s done.

Please let me know if these steps were helpful.

Thanks Matheus.
Daniel A
Advisor

Hi Matheus,

I run acquire updates two days ago and this morning VMP was working. I don't have idea what happend.

Thanks for your help