New Discussion юеВ

Re: VPM acquire updates error

SOLVED
Go to solution
SCC-Colin
Advisor

VPM acquire updates error

Hi,
Currently running SIM 5.1 with SP1 and VPM 2.1.1 on a Windows 2003 server.
When I run the VPM acquire updates I get the attached error message. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be please?
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Leone Cesca
Advisor

Hi!

Please check for VPM version on HP SIM about page. If it's 2.1.1, there is a softpaq on VPM site that might solve this issue.

The softpaq can be downloaded from the following site (bottom of page): http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/fpdownload.html

Please let me know your rerults.

Best Regards

Leone Cesca
SCC-Colin
Advisor

Hi,
When I try to apply this softpaq I get an error. It says there is an error stopping Radi Integration Server service.
I have looked in Services and can't see this services at all. There are 4 other Radia services, Management Agent, MSI Redirector, Notify Daemon and Scheduler Daemon. I have stopped all these services and tried again to apply the softpaq, but still get the same error. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Leone Cesca
Advisor
Solution

Hi,

It seems that your installation is corrupted. Could you try to uninstall, reinstall VPM and apply the Softpaq?

I believe it will work.

Please let me know if it worked.

Best Regards
SCC-Colin
Advisor

Hi Leone,
I have uninstalled VPM and reinstalled again, and applied the patch OK this time. Logging at the log, it looks like it is now downloading patches.
Thanks very much for your help,
Colin.