1752553 Members
4794 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VPM installation

Sherif M.Osman
Occasional Contributor

VPM installation

i try to install the VPm on win2003 /64 bit edition, and when i install the following error appears: error 1720,there is a problem with this windows installer, a script required for this install to complete could not be run......custo action install webservice error-2146827850.

please help. thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Leandro Farinati
Occasional Advisor

Re: VPM installation

Hello,

Please, take a look in the following forum threads that deal with this subject:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1031387
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1068578
If nothing works, please let us know and we will try another actions to fix this issue.
TKs,
Leandro
Lucas Medina
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

Additionally VPM does not run over 64 bits, neither the host nor the target systems.

Thus, it might be reason of the problem you have seen.

Thanks,
Lucas
Sherif M.Osman
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to tell you that i already installed the SIM with all its agents including the VPM on a Windows 2003 /64 bits on another IDENTICAL server on the same time with the first one, and with the same CD used for the entire installation process.
i even formatted the first server and reinstalled the O/S and the SIM entirely from the begining and still got the same error with this server.
FYI: the servers are all Proliant DL380 G4,6 GB RAM, RAID-5 HDD, and Dual Xeon processors 3.6 GHZ.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Leandro Farinati
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Could you try the recomendation of the forum threads in the previous posts?
If still not working try in a windows 32 bits because we never tested VPM in 64 bits and we can't guaratee that it will work well.
After that, if the problem remais could you send us all logs for analysis?
Tks,
Leandro