108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Various SIM v5.1 (Windows) Questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
RedLimey
Advisor

Various SIM v5.1 (Windows) Questions

1. I've discovered systems using IP subnet ranges. Systems show up under their IP, however I'd like for it to show as it's system name, not by IP. How is this done?

2. I don't know that we need Insight Power Manager monitoring, however something within SIM is trying to report something as we have an abundance of minor warnings stating it's not licensed. How do I turn that feature off?

3. I would like to turn off the Remote Insight alerts. How can I do this? I haven't found a place yet where it specifically lists RI objects.

Thanks in Advance.
RedLimey
7 REPLIES 7
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Various SIM v5.1 (Windows) Questions

All name resolution is done via DNS. You need forward and reverse lookups to be working correctly.

If the power devices are in the subnet you're monitoring you could look at excluding those devices using the exclusion list.

ILOs can be configured to pass the host as well as their own alerts. That can be disabled at the ILO. Otherwise the RI alerts should be minimal.
Sharath K S
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
2. I don't know that we need Insight Power Manager monitoring, however something within SIM is trying to report something as we have an abundance of minor warnings stating it's not licensed. How do I turn that feature off?

You can disable IPM by unchecking the "Enable Insight Power Manager Plug-In" checkbox under options->Insight Power Manager Options. This will disable the Insight Power Manager monitoring.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

you got your answers of 2 questions. the 3rd question i am trying to see. you want to turn of alerts in SIM?

you can see option->Events->automatic event handling->manage tasks
and disable or enable events.

Is that what you wanted to disable?
RedLimey
Advisor

Ajay - More specifically I'm looking to turn off just the iLO alerts. We've got some old servers running pre-iLO2 that I don't see where to tweak to stop them reporting to SIM.
Sharath K S
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
As mentioned above you can disable alerts from iLO by logging in to iLO Web UI and switching to Administration tab and selecting SNMP/Insight Manager Settings there you can enable/disable SNMP alerts.

Regards,
Sharath
RedLimey
Advisor

These iLO's are so old they don't have tabs: Version 2.41 (40-bit SSL). There are no SNMP settings present to modify.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Hi,
What type of alert you are getting? If they are sign-in alert then you can simply go to
Option->Security->Signin event setting and select none.

If these are trap alert you r getting then i told u before you can go
Option->Events->Event filter setting and give those ip to excluding range so sim will discard trap event/alert from those systems.

Is that what you wanted or?
If not then
Q.What type of alert you are getting from them?