Did you mean: 

Version Control Agent - Cant get it to work

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Kelada
Occasional Contributor

Version Control Agent - Cant get it to work

Hi,
I have tried to get the Version Control Agents to connect to our repository without success. I am using the latest version of HP SIM (v5.0 SP5) and have performed a clean installation. Unfortunately we are unable to make any connection with the repository, when the details are configured on the agent an error occurs stating the following:

"The Version Control Repository Manager, at SERVER1, could not be accessed using the specified account and password"

Any assistance would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES
Ananthak23
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Version Control Agent - Cant get it to work

You cannot use the account 'administrator' to configure VCA. Try using a different account.
On a VCRM system(server1), create a OS group (example:'SMH_Admins') and create an user account (example: SMH_admin). Add SMH_admin user to SMH_Admins group and then add this SMH_Admins group to Administrator group in SMH (which can be accessed through Settings->security link from SMH).
In VCA give the 'SMH_admin' username and password to access VCRM(server1). Hope this would work.

-Anantha
Chris Kelada
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much! Works like a charm ;)
Felipe Martinez
Frequent Advisor

Chris:

I have the same problem and not too much expirience with SIM, can you give me more detailed information?

Thanks.
Chris Kelada
Occasional Contributor

Sure,

Basically it is my understanding that the Version Control Agent (VCA) cannot use the Administraator account to connect to the HP SIM Server running the Version Control Repository Manager (VCRM) so you have to create another account for the agent to use.

This can be done as per Ananthas instructions above:

On a VCRM system(server1), create a OS group (example:'SMH_Admins') and create an user account (example: SMH_admin). Add SMH_admin user to SMH_Admins group and then add this SMH_Admins group to Administrator group in SMH (which can be accessed through Settings->security link from SMH).
In VCA give the 'SMH_admin' username and password to access VCRM(server1).

Note: The VCRM server is usually your HP SIM Server.
Chris Congdon_1
Occasional Advisor

I must agree. This worked like a charm. I see what the problem was with my original configuration. When you set the Security in the SMH on the Version Repository Manger, the Groups in there can not be mapped to Windows Users, only to Windows Groups. When I re-routed my VCA username into a newly created group and mapped that Windows Group into the Admin group within SMH on the VCRM server, everything started working as intended! Thanks for the tip!