cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Control Agent - HP Please Address Issues

shocko
Honored Contributor

Version Control Agent - HP Please Address Issues

I wish HP would address the issues with the VCA. Most servers in my enterprise will not display VCA info when you browse to the SMH. This is because it appears to trigger a VCA scan which doesn't complete within the SMH timeout. The solution from HP is to increase the timeout value but that makes all browse operations in SMH painfully slow!

Worse still, when it timesout, the SMH doesn't display a link for the VCA so you have to manually enter /vcagent in the address to access it thus breaking you navigation history.

SIM also looses the VCA status on most servers and they display 'VCA Agent Not found' even though it is installed and the turst status is valid.

Anyone else having these issues. i find it very frustrating
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
3 REPLIES
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: Version Control Agent - HP Please Address Issues

I am also having these issues and am frustrated as well. I have even disabled the automatic software polling task becasue after that runs, I spend most of that morning getting everything to report correctly.
shocko
Honored Contributor

Same here, i don't see why this is such a complicated issue. It would be ebst if the vcagent ran discovery on a regular basis locally then cached the results and handed that info to the SIM. HP, give us some help!
:)
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Kevin Brusky
Advisor

I want to get some clarification on this. The original poster says there's a problem with SMH timing out on VCA. The replies seem to indicate the VCA slows down during a SW Status Polling task as SIM gets inventory.

SIM doesn't get inventory through VCA - it uses SNMP or WBEM (as configured). SIM uses VCA during SW Status Polling to retrieve the overall SW status from VCA, but that's a pretty quick operation.