7864 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Agent Hangs

Peter J West
Frequent Advisor

Version Control Agent Hangs

Hi there,

We've got an issue on one ML370 G3 Server whereby the VCA seems to be hanging on launch.

I've tried removing and then reinstalling the version of the VCA from PSP 8.25 but this doesn't make much of a difference.

Initially the Server comes up and everything seems ok - but the minute you configure the VCA and reboot you find that the next time the server comes online and you go to the SMH you get the 'timout' error and the VCA isn't visible.

Trying to go to the VCA page just causes another error to be displayed.

When this happens you can't stop the service. You have to manually kill the vcagent.exe process.

I've found that I can get the service working by killing the process, deleting the .option file and then restarting it. But the minute I reconfigure the agent and reboot the problem comes back again. The log only shows an entry saying that the VCA started - and that's it.

I've already double-checked the SNMP config and that's all fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Pete
7 REPLIES 7
Peter J West
Frequent Advisor

Sorry, perhaps I should add that this is VCA Version 2.2.0.820.

Regards

Pete
Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

Having the same problem on my SIM server when I upgraded to PSP 8.25a. I even tried the VCA version that comes with PSP 8.30; still times out. There is a post that mentions they fixed the problem by down reving to VCA version 2.1.10.801 but I haven't tried that yet.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Peter J West,

"Trying to go to the VCA page just causes another error to be displayed."

what is this error?

browse to VCA Home page using "https://:2381/vcagent" and wait for the inventory to load.

you can open the log page in different browser window to check if there is any error in vca log during invetory load.

if issue occure when you configure VCA to VCRM, then browse to VCRM & check VCRM log for any error message.
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

SeanOB1
Advisor

I have had this issue and the new version does not fix it for me. I have rolled back to the last version that didn't have the issue. For me, I have found that is 2.2.0.820.
n.price
Advisor

Peter

After you uninstall the old agent version, you may need to delete all the files in this directory

C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\cache

these should all be cleared, and the VCA agent service restarted. Then navigate from the System management homepage to the VCAgent page and it should correctly re-create the cache.
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi n.price,
thanks for filling in

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">