Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753440 Members
4644 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Version Control Agent Not Detected but its there.

BillBohne
Frequent Visitor

Version Control Agent Not Detected but its there.

I'm having the issue where HP SIM shows systems with the software status "i" icon stating "The Version Control Agent (VCA) has not been detected on the target system". I know they are all up and running and if you go to the individual server, VCagent, it does successfully connect to the VCR. I noticed that this entire set of servers had this issue except one. The difference was that that one has its firewall turned off. On all the others, there are inbound exceptions for HP SIM TCP port 2381 and 2301. Which, according to HP should be all I need. What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
hphwstel
Advisor

Re: Version Control Agent Not Detected but its there.

Hi BillBohne,

what is the version of your VCA?

There have been issues with older VCAs displaying this behaviour.

In my environment it only works with 6.3.0.870.

After installation it displays the blue questionmark which I mostly get to green with "Software Status Polling".

Hope this helped,

Daniela

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Did you check the scheduled task list. The update of the version control icon inside SIM is done by a scheduled task. You can force the task to run and  see some error in the task results if the update does not work. Hope this could lead you to a solution.

And do not forget that all the Version control agent VCA should be linked to a repository server VCRM.

Temporary DNS errors are some time also an issue.  

BillBohne
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestions, but as it turns out, it was a miscommunication. At first it was a firewall rule that needed the specific subnet as the SIM server and the machines in question were on a different subnet. After correcting the GPO, I was still having the issue. This was due to the fact that the container which the modified GPO was applied no longer contained the servers. They were moved to another, and I was never notified. Now the firewall has been corrected on the correct OU and all is well. Thanks!