1753768 Members
5180 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Agent PSP 8.50 issue

Jamie Coleman
Advisor

Version Control Agent PSP 8.50 issue

On all of our servers (500+) using reference support pack PSP 8.50, for any flavor of windows, the latest version for iLO2 (2.00)shows a Linux executable (CP012909.scexe) as the available update for a windows host!

Spefically "Firmware CD Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - HP Integrated Lights-Out 2"

Obviously trying to update the package through the version control agent webpage fails.
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

It doesn't here, is that file in the Repository path? If it is, remove it and download the .exe variant.
Jamie Coleman
Advisor

Thanks, I deleted that particular item from the repository catalog and now it shows the windows version. One thing I noticed was that the linux iLO package was listed as a Windows component in the catalog for all Windows OS.

VCRM website -> Catalog Tab -> components -> Server -> Microsoft Windows xxxx(all) -> Firmware - Lights-Out Management?
Predator
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

This problem is already known to hp already. They will sort out this when the next version of firmware rolls out I believe.

If you have only windows servers to manage, then you may delete all *.SCEXE components from the repository folder of VCRM. The problem will be solved.

Thnx
Predator
Brett Emery
Advisor

This appear to be a problem with PSP 8.40 as well. I was about to upgrade a few DL380 G5's that have PSP 8.40 with PSP 8.50, when I noticed "Firmware CD Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - HP Integrated Lights-Out 2" in Version Control Agent, we're running Windows 2003 x64.

I called HP, they said they noticed this "a few days ago." However as this forum is dated months ago they obviously haven't fix this issue yet.

HP, please correct this issue with version control agent. Thank you!
Brett Emery
Advisor

FYI, deleting *.SCEXE was a work-around for us as we're not managing Linux with VCRM.