7233 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Version Control Agent Problems. Please Help

G L_1
Advisor

Version Control Agent Problems. Please Help

Hello,

In the "All Systems" list in SIM, in the SF column for version control, i have 3 servers that don't show their VCA statuses.

Originally, i had scripted installed 2 20P's and 3 30P's from RDP.

I set the VCA agents to point to a repository and set a support pack reference.

My 20P's and rest of my servers show checkmarks for version control but my 30P's don't. They show the "i" information icon.

And from the all systems list when i click the "i" icon nothing happens. Normally if anything the "i" icon represents that there is no trusted relationship between the repository and the VCA and a box should pop up but in this case nothing happens.

When i click on a checkmarked icon from another server, the VCA page shows up.

The VCA's are properly configured though for the 30Ps. To gain access to the VCAs for my 30Ps I click onto the server itself to get into the System Page, go to the "links" tab then click Version Control Agent from there. All is configured and the VCA page pops up, its just that the status is not showing up in the all systems list which is annoying since i won't know their statuses on the fly.

I uninstalled the VCA agents, and reinstalled them and reconfigured them and still get the same problem. Can anyone help?
7 REPLIES 7
Gabriel Aguilo
Frequent Advisor

Re: Version Control Agent Problems. Please Help

I know this is kind of obvious but have you run a software status polling task?
When in HP SIM
"Options" -> "Status Polling" -> "Software Status polling"
This should then display all the software ticks correctly, if they are configured correctly (i.e have a trust relationship betwen the VCA and the VCRM)
HTH
Gabe
G L_1
Advisor

Yes I did run Software Polling.

I ran it about 3-5 times and it still shows that icon.

I don't know whats wrong. If its SIM or the blades. and Reinitializing the blades is a hassle still.

Any other suggestions please?
Gabriel Aguilo
Frequent Advisor

Well it sounds like that trust isnt set picked up / correctly. There are a number of things to do:

first, go the server management homepage of a server which isnt working, once logged in as an admin, go to the "Settings" - "Options" page, go to the Get certificate option, and enter the Server name of your CMS (where the VCRM is), to retrieve the certificate. Then select the option "trust by certificate".

Next, within HP SIM itself, go to "Options" - "Security" - "System Link configuration" - and here select HP SIM to pickup all servers by their IP address. This will sort out any problems with server names which have a wrong character (like an underscore _ )

Make sure from the VCA page on the problematic server, you can log into the VCRM, and set a proliant support pack. As this will mean it can connect to the CMS, and there are no trust issues.
Kenny Fransson
Occasional Contributor

You are not alone, my friend. I have the same problem. I have 8 380:s.
Reinstalled all VCAs and put the http-service to Trust certificate.
Reissued the certificate from HPSIM.
Deleted the old, and loaded the new certificate on the machines.
Connected the VCAs and get the connection to the repository with the baseline, so it works on the local systems management page where I see the differences in versions.
The certificates works since I can click on a machines' insight manager link and don't have to log in to each.
Still, I get an i for 6 of them, 2 of the servers (1 of them the HPSIM-server) connects as it should.
G L_1
Advisor

It's a test environment i'm running the servers in. I have everything set to trust all.
My VCRM is configured to trust all as well.
I disabled anonymous access and everything.

I know i can connect to my CMS from all my servers because it allows me to choose a reference support pack / baseline.

But the i is really bugging me. I think i will set some time to manually smartstart one of the 30Ps and see what happens there. I may have done soemthing in RDP that caused these issues, because these "i" issues are exclusive to my 30Ps alone.
Kenny Fransson
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I got mine solved today. It was a trust thing.

Try to implement what is said in the link to see if you get any of the servers up. Then you can try it for the rest as well. A lot of work though...

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=642722
Chuck Way

I had the same issue on some 30's. Running the Data Collection Report fixed it.