1753787 Members
7598 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Agent - Product is Installed but not Upgradeable

Tim McGue
Regular Advisor

Well, this hasn't been easy over all. Here is a list of ones I've approached so far:

1) hp ProLiant 32-Bit SCSI Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Server 2003: This one was caused by having a whole slew of SCSI controllers installed that weren't there. Removing the controllers from the device manager solved this one.

2) hp Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II: The version of the driver it reports is 1.03 but it is looking for 2002.11.04. I'm trying to re-force install 1.03/2002.11.04 to see if it picks up on a change.

3) hp ProLiant Drive Array Notification for Windows 2000/Server 2003: I can't figure out where to uninstall this.

4) HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows 2000: According to this URL (http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18448.html) this is only for DL380 G2 and not the G3 (having the error). Went into device manager - system devices and uninstalled "HP ProLiant iLO Advanced System Management Controller". Waiting on reboots to confirm.
Xavier Coppin
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem.

Any working solution ?

Thank you for your help,

Xavier
Tim McGue
Regular Advisor

The steps I listed in the last reponse only produced partial results. At this point I'm living with it and contemplating starting a case with HP. Sorry for dimming the light there.

Tim

dospavlos
Frequent Advisor

I'm also having this issue. Run into it with the following components:

-HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows 2000
-hp ProLiant Drive Array Notification for Windows 2000/Server 2003

In my case, seems to be a result of building an Altiris image on a G2 and laying it on a G3. Also had the issue in the past with ILO/RILOs and USB when building on a G2 and laying on a G1. Have been unable to find any work around except for hacking the registry. Was able to fix the ilo/rilo issue by deleting some keys in the currentcontrolset. Changing the registry and the renaming the sys files approach on the above components resulted in blue screens. Will HP please address this issue. Unless a workaround is developed, the use of the SIM for server status is pretty much useless due to false readings.

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

I want to remind everyone that this forum community, while useful to share experiences, is not an official escalation path of real problems to the developers. The only way you initiate that process is through customer services.
McGriffin

To get rid of the "HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows 2000" entry, delete the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cpqasm

(Reboot the system after you've deleted this key.)

This driver is only necessary on G2 systems and not on G3. When you do a hardware upgrade this driver remains on the system and cannot be updated since it's not applicable anymore.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Martin, thanks for the advice, I have the same problem and will test this out to see if it solves the issue for me.
(I have no imaged systems, only installations and upgrades)
Thomas Taylor_1

Anyone get any definitive results on this problem?
sterls27
Frequent Advisor

I was able to resolve the system management error, we had the same problem because of hardware upgrades and old files:

Rename cpqasm.sys to cpqasm.bak
Rename cpgasm2.sys to cpqasm2.bak

Reboot-Has NEVER caused a blue screen for me.

Retry the software update and it should install the proper driver version. The problem was both files were present on the system and it could not determine which version to use, especially since they were in use, hence the system reboot. The Drive Array notification refers to CPQDAEN.sys. Renaming that file with a .bak extension removes it from the version control update list. I believe you need to reinstall with proper version from the PSP. Hope that helps if anyone else is looking and finds this, it's been years!
dospavlos
Frequent Advisor

If anyone is having this problem as a result of snapping and deploying images on different generations of hardware, I found the best solution is to snap an image of a server without the support pack installed. Install the sp after the image is laid down and only what applies to the current hardware will be installed. You can load the nic drivers before snapping if you really need them. I found the ones Windows installs will work fine for snapping, deploying the image.