New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Agent/Repository Manager account - permissions

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Version Control Agent/Repository Manager account - permissions

Hi all

I am in the process or setting up HP SIM and are currently working on the Version Control Repository Manager and Version Control Agent. I have created a domain account that I am going to use for this agent. My question is what kind of permissions does this account require on the SIM server?
I added it to the local Administrators group, since I got some problems, but would like to limit the rights a bit.

Some feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

/ThomasO
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

I used a local account on the VCRM Server rather than a domain admin account. It was a while ago but I had problems getting a domain account to work for the VCA/VCRM connection.
I then made that local account a member of the Local Admins group for the server.
Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rob

Thanks for the tip.
I might consider doing the same.

/ThomasO
Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Will most likely use a local account on HP SIM server with local Admin rights on the server.
Buhl, Bent
Advisor

I know this is a little late, but had the same requirement, and was unable to find a solution.
I am running SIM 5.2, and the following worked for me:
If you want to use a domain user, with limited access rights, you must create a domain security group, and add the user to it.
Then open the System Management Homepage on the repository server, select "Settings", "Security", "UserGroups". Add the domain group to User.

Best regards
Bent Buhl