Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Control Agent access with command line?

harrisjtye
Occasional Visitor

Version Control Agent access with command line?

Guys, can anyone give me more data on how to pull informaiton out of the Version Control Agent and Version Control Repository via command line?
I need to collect data from these for audit and I don't want to give audit access to SIM. I would like to just put together a quick vbs or cmd that I can schedule to run periodicly and populate the database for audit.

However I have not found any good info on how to access the info in VCA
2 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Version Control Agent access with command line?

It's not that easy as the results on the VCA are populated by comparing what's on the server against what's in the VCRM.
I think the SW polling really just goes round and sets the flag in HPSIM to reflect what the VCA has reported.
You might be able to get the overall SW status from the HPSIM database, but that might not meet the requirements.
Not too sure why Audit would want to know the status of drivers etc. They're usually concerned with OS Security patches.
To report that I use the ms mbsa command line utility and run it against a list of servers generated from HPSIM.
From the list of reports I can use perl scripts to summarise the details.
harrisjtye
Occasional Visitor

Re: Version Control Agent access with command line?

Thanks for the thoughts on using mbsa, I have the patches and security stuff taken care of. I really need to be able to pull driver and firmware levels from the system. It is part of a compliance policy that all drivers and firmware be at or above a specific approved level. Getting it from the SIM database might work but I have been told they really want the data pulled directly from the servers to prove it is accurate. My thought was if I knew what format the data was in or how to get it out of VCA then I could write a vbs and pump all the data into a DB for audit. This way I don't have to collect the data by hand.

Thanks for your help