108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Agent cannot see Support Pack on VCRM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alpha_1_1
Valued Contributor

Version Control Agent cannot see Support Pack on VCRM

I have just installed HP SIM 5.2 with VCRM 2.1.10 and SMH ver 2.1.11.The VCRM has been populated with PSP's and can be seen by HP SIM.I am trying to configure the Version Control Agent on the same server but when I configure Change Agent Settings I get an error message saying the VC agent cannot see any Reference Support Packs.
The VCRM was installed along with HP SIM 5.2 using a domain administrator account.I ran into this error when using the DA account credentials to Change the agent settings.After that I created a local user account and put it into the Local administrators group on the VCRM.The Change Agent settings failed using these credentials also.

What am I doing wrong?
GTS I&O - "In the Server Room, no-one can hear you scream..."
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

When you configure the VCA Agent it will let you know if its failed authenticating.
If there are no PSPs for it, have you checked you have the PSP for the appropriate OS?

I've always used the local account method and it works with the latest version of HPSIM.
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

I've had an issue where the VCRM had a problem. I had to log onto my SIM server and stop SIM and the VCRM services. I waited about 5 minutes and then restarted them. I was able to reference support packs after that.
Alpha_1_1
Valued Contributor

The VCA appears to be authenticating with tha VCRM as I get to a page with a drop down box for selecting Support Packs.Howvever none of the PSP's that I have the VCRM populated with (Win 2003 PSP 7.9 and PSP 8.00)appear for selection.
Any of the HP documnentation I have read seems vague on the type of account that VCRM and VCA should use.
Currently VCRM is installed on my HPSIM (Win 2003 server) with a Domain Admin account.I know the VCRM should have a separate account.Should the VCRM be installed using a Local Administrators account on the HPSIM server.The VCA is then configured to connect to the VCRM using that account?Thanks for the replys so far .You are giving me food for thought.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

With the server you have connecting, has the OS been correctly identified?
From what you say the VCA is authenticating okay to the VCRM.
That seems to indicate it's not finding a PSP to match.
Alpha_1_1
Valued Contributor

Rob,
You where bang on.It turns out the server I had my VCA on is a Windows Storage Server 2003 spk 1.I don't think HP supply specific PSP's for this even though its a form of Win 2003.Any other server I configured the VCA on had no problem seeing the PSP's in the VCRM.Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.Sometimes its the little obvious things that get you!
Urbi
Occasional Advisor

i├В┬┤ve still nearly the same problems!

I use SIM 5.2 on Windows W2k3 SP2 engl.
Build version: C.05.02.00.00

If i want to adjust VCRM-Server via Version Control agent on any host it is always not possibly. Equal wich OS, equal wich PSP!

I grant access to client by Trust-Mode via Certificate and it is not a problem to insert certificate from SIM-Server!

After that it├В┬┤s also impossible to adjust VCRM!

But after reboot from SIM-Server it works immediately and i can adjust VCRM!