1752662 Members
5981 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Version Control Agent in Linux: Only Seeing Itself

scotted
Frequent Advisor

Version Control Agent in Linux: Only Seeing Itself

I have a CMS setup with a Version Control Repository Manager and PSP's in the repository. On the server it only sees the hpvca package and none of the other PSP components when you go into the SMH and view the Version Control page. SNMP community strings are setup and the CMS does get test traps from the server. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Ananthak23
Trusted Contributor

Re: Version Control Agent in Linux: Only Seeing Itself

Install Linux Proliant Support Pack on a server where hpvca is installed. This should bring up the local software inventory in Version Control page.
If you want to see the software status then you need to configure VCA to point to the VCRM with atleast administrator/operator privelege.

Good luck!
Anantha
scotted
Frequent Advisor

I alredy have installed the PSP with all the required components. I have also pointed the server to look at the VCRM with the appropriate administrator userid and password. As mentioned hpvca only see's itself, none of the other PSP components.
Ananthak23
Trusted Contributor

Make sure that Insight Management agents are running. To check whether the package is loaded properly, type:
"/etc/init.d/hpasm status" You should see the status of each component whether its running or not.

Try logging into SMH, click on "system" box in the right frame and then click on "software version info" link, do you see any installed software? If you are not seeing the above links then you might consider reconfiguring hpasm.
Try using this command "/etc/init.d/hpasm reconfigure". This will also allow you to configure SNMP.
If you are seeing the software version info in the above links but VCA is not reporting then can you give me the details of the OS with its update level, Proliant server info, Mgmt agents and vca version info.

-Anantha
scotted
Frequent Advisor

Well I have to thank you!!!! Your last post made me do some thinking. Here in our envrionment we have to turn off cmahostd as this agent traverses NFS mounted filesystems as part of it's data collection for filesystems. We have over 1000 mounts as part of our env. and with cmahostd running it consumes considerable CPU as a result. We have therefore turned off cmahostd as a result. Once I turned cmahostd on...the Version Control Agent see's all of it's installed components now. Thanks for the last post.

FYI...we use ClearCase and that is why we have so many NFS mountes.