1753320 Members
6764 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Agent

Anabela Velez
Occasional Advisor

Version Control Agent

I'm trying to install version control agent 2.1.2.740 in a WIN2000 server. I get an error when I try to install it: тАЬThe HP System Management Homepage Win32 service was not found by the installer.тАЭ I was able to install this agent in others WIN2000 servers... I really need this agent... How can I fix this problem? Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

You need to install the System Management Homepage, it is a component that is part of the PSP. It appears that the VCA install does not see it already installed on the system.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Anabela Velez
Occasional Advisor

I installed the PSP 7.40b. I send you a image... In the right side it tells me that I have HP System Management Homepage and it has the correct version. In the left side there is an icon telling that there is some kind of problem with this... I re-installed it and the situation remains. In the log file the System Management Homepage was installed successful. But vca is still complaning with the same error...
Matthew J Warrick
Frequent Advisor

The exclamation point doesn't mean there is a problem. It means that you need to "configure" that component with user-defined options that are appropriate to your deployment. Right-click on the SMH line and configure your access permissions and trust levels.
"Did you get that memo?"
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

The red colored icon next to the SMH component is just an indication that it should be preconfigured before deploying. In actuality, this is no longer required. The component probably should no longer be marked with the red icon. But that is not causing the issue. Can you go into the Windows' service control manager and see if you see a service running that is labeled "HP System Management Homepage"? If so is it in a running state? Another way to check is to see if it is running is to go to a command prompt and type "NET START" at the command line. If the SMH is running you will see HP System Management Homepage as one of the services listed. The reason for checking this is to see if the SMH is not only installed but actually up and running. Thanks,

-Rich
Anabela Velez
Occasional Advisor

ok. All my servers have this icon in System Management Homepage, and vca was installed without problems. So, why this vca installation complains about system management homepage? Anabela
Anabela Velez
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help.
Now I have a diferent problem: once more I tried to install psp 740b. I rebooted the server after and all the information seems ok: the system homepage version is 2.1.2.127, the vca version is 2.1.2.740 and services are up and running... When I access system homepage it has few information and no vca information appears. It seems that vca is not installed... If I try to install vca again I get a message telling that it was sucessful installed...
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

This sounds like a possible timeout of the VCA. If you go to the SMH and then go to the "LOGS" tab you will see a link for the SMH log. Look at that log and see if you see any entries that list possible application timeouts. What you will see if this is the case is a log entry that lists the various applications and how much time in seconds (s) that it took for the app to respond to the SMH. If it lists the VCA with a high timeout value like over 20s to 30s then the VCA is not responding to the SMH.

If the VCA is timing out there are 2 possible reasons. Misconfigured SNMP is one possibility - the VCA gathers installed version information through SNMP. The second possibility is the VCA is unable to "see" or connect to a VCRM. The VCA needs to be configured to point to a server with a running VCRM and be able to access it over the network.

-Rich