108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Version Control Agent

SOLVED
Go to solution
John1967
Occasional Contributor

Version Control Agent

I just used the latest Proliant Support Pack (8.25A) to update the HP agents etc on a DL380 G5. Now when I attempt to use Version Control I get an "Internal Server Error". I get this error in the server's application log "Faulting application vcagent.exe, version 2.2.1.830, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.3053, fault address 0x000489bc."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck and also replicated the error on another server using the latest support pack.

Is anyone else seeing this error or have any ideas on a fix?
9 REPLIES 9
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Version Control Agent

When did internal Server Error occur?

When configuring VCA to VCRM or when deploying PSP?

Use simple Test username & password [don't use any special characters in password] to configure to VCRM
John1967
Occasional Contributor

I get the Internal Server Error when I open the System Management Homepage and click on Version Control Agent.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

check VCA log for any specific error.

Try to install 820 VCA & see if VCA page opens.
John1967
Occasional Contributor

Well you got me pointed in the right direction. I was using a domain account that had special characters in the password. I created a new local account with admin rights on the VCRM and configured the VCA with the new credentials. It's now working as advertised.

Strange things is it's never had this problem before and I've always used that domain account. Thanks for the help..
Anthony Szewczak

I have roughly 500 servers that point to a HP SIM repository. If the fix is to change the domain password what is the process to change the password that the 500 servers are using to connect to the repository?
Peter J West
Frequent Advisor

I've had exactly the same issue.

I tried doing a totally fresh PSP install on a DL380 G5 Server and every time I tried to visit the Management Page i'd get a report saying that some components timed out.

It was clear from the fact that the VCA Status was missing that the problem lied there.

I've now made a local account on the VCRM as described above and surely enough it's working fine. Quite frustrating as we've been using our current VCA account (which was AD-based) for many many years. Strangely it seems to be ok on other hosts though.
Dave;-)

To answer Anthony Szewczak, manually configure VCA on one end-point server; select the 499 servers and then use SIM's Replicate Agent Settings (under Configure menu) and choose this server as the source and tick the few VCA settings required.
This requires the servers to be trusted in SIM.
mark q
Regular Advisor

same thing here..

I just updated to the latest and greatest support paq 8.30.. still crashes intermittentaly on all servers.
Manjun Wang
Occasional Visitor

S simple reboot of the server will resolve itersion Control AgentA

I am on VCA version 6.3.0 to 6.3.1 and encountering the same issue, tried a few blog suggestions and could get over it, but a simple reboot of the problematic servers resolved the issue.

Manjun