108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Configuration v7.80

SOLVED
Go to solution
Hall27
Occasional Advisor

Version Control Configuration v7.80

I am installing/upgrading several hundred servers with the v7.80 VCA and am running into an issue with the configuration of the VCA. We have preconfigured (with the HP configuration utility) the VCA package to include the main console name and the ID to communicate with the main console. But the problem I have is that I have to go into each system to set the support pack version to compare the local system to. My question is: Is there any way to preconfigure this in the VCA install package?
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not as part of the package, but you can run a job to update the reference pack later.

Look under Configure->Replicate Agent Settings.
You'll need to have configured at least one server, then you can select the target group of servers (say all W2K3 servers) and deploy the change to them.
Hall27
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the response.

Is there any way to automate this setting for imaging purposes so I do not have to go back and manually replicate agents settings?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

If there is I don't know how to do it.
I don't know where the Configure stores its changes. The reference Pak file is shown when you use the replicate settings option.

So there must be a file somewhere that then points to that file. Presumably you could copy that file as part of the build.
I've had a quick look in the vcagent directory (I used the services to see where the image was) but couldn't see anything obvious.
You could try updating the reference pak and see what changes.

We're established now so it's a matter of updating the reference pak when an update is released and the replicate settings does that in a couple of passes. Just a job of each of the OSes we have.
I guess it's difficult as you cannot tell it what reference pak to use until the the VCA has contacted the VCRM to see what Paks are available.
The info could possibly be stored in the VCRM, but I doubt it.