Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748177 Members
4361 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Version Control - Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out (Japanese)

SOLVED
Go to solution
J.F. Barrett
Occasional Advisor

Version Control - Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out (Japanese)

The version control agent continues to report a firmware update is needed for HP Integrated Lights-Out (Japanese).

I had updated the firmware with the English version of the update, yet the alert continues. I can only assume that the reseller initially loaded the server with the Japanese version.

My questions are:
1) How do I make this alert go away?
2) How would I uninstall the Japanese version of this ROM?

Any assistance you can offer is most appreciated!
16 REPLIES 16
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Version Control - Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out (Japanese)

What version does the actual ILO state is installed?

You could extract the actual firmware and load it manually using the ILO itself.
Paul_627
Frequent Advisor

Re: Version Control - Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out (Japanese)

Had this same issue, HP support advised me to remove the update from SIM and let it download again and that fixed it.
J.F. Barrett
Occasional Advisor

The version control agent shows version 1.80 (Japanese) is installed and version 1.82 (Japanese) is available. Meanwhile, I had applied version 1.84 (English), yet Insight Manager does not show version 1.84 installed.

How would I remove the update from SIM?
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

I have this exact error,but it seems to stop sending error when i upgrade to 1.84,but still repository keep saying that 1.82 is the lates version!
J.F. Barrett
Occasional Advisor

I removed the update from SIM, applied version 1.84 (English), yet the version control agent continues to display version 1.80 (Japanese) installed and hows version 1.82 (Japanese) as needed.

Any ideas??
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Did you try restart the service ?
J.F. Barrett
Occasional Advisor

The SIM Server service or the Version Control Agent?
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Version Control Agent !
:D
J.F. Barrett
Occasional Advisor

I just restarted the version control agent; the problem persists.