Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753479 Members
4835 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control - Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out (Japanese)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Version Control - Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out (Japanese)

Witch version of VCA do you have?
J.F. Barrett
Occasional Advisor

Version 2.1
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

try update it to 2.1.4.750,it may not be the answer ,but we will to put all dots on ours I.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

cp005770.exe
HP Version Control Agent for Windows Version 2.1.4.750
Paul_627
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Try this procedure:

From the System Management Homepage of your SIM server click on "HP Version Control Repository Manger".

Click on "Catalog" & then "delete items from repository".

Scroll down to "Firmware - Lights-Out Management" and select the 1.82 and 1.84 Online ROM Flash, click "Next", click "Finish", click "Close".

Goto c:\repository on SIM and delete the files; cp006487.* and cp005862.*

Reboot the server.

Go back to the "Version Control Repsoitry Manager" and click on "rescan the repository and rebuild the catalog"

When that finishes, click on "update from hp.com now"

Goto lunch.

Goto SMH on server having ilo issue and check the VCA.

J.F. Barrett
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately, the problem persists. The system no longer refers to the Japanese version; however, it does not seem to recognize the newer versions installed. I've tried installing both version 1.84 and version 1.87, yet the system continues to report version 1.80 is installed.

Meanwhile, I continue to receive erroneous critical alerts. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Ian_Green

Hello I have had this exact issue and I have now solved it. Do what Paul suggested, that is:-

From the System Management Homepage of your SIM server click on "HP Version Control Repository Manger".

Click on "Catalog" & then "delete items from repository".

Scroll down to "Firmware - Lights-Out Management" and select the 1.82 and 1.84 Online ROM Flash, click "Next", click "Finish", click "Close".

(I selected all firmware that was marked as "Unsupported" {with yellow triangle} all were Japanese and I deleted these)

Goto c:\repository on SIM and delete the files; cp006487.* and cp005862.*
AT THIS POINT ALSO DELETE cp006496.*
(FYI there is a .exe and a .mnf delete both)

Reboot the server.

On the server that has the iLO(Japanese) error, logon and restart the HP services or reboot if you are able.

When you logon to SIM if the error still appears, refresh the page, this worked on some of my servers, others I had to delete the server from the SIM and then I did a manual discovery, all came back sweet as a nut!
I hope this works for you.