1753723 Members
4785 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Version Control Repository Disappeared

MsCindy
Advisor

Version Control Repository Disappeared

Hello, I am running HPSIM 5.0 SP4 for Windows. My build version is C.05.00.01.01 (2006-02-01) and I have VMMP 2.02. Last week all my servers started reporting the SW status as either question mark or informational. When I started to look into it I noticed that the HPSIM Server no longer recognizes itself as a VCRM. The repository share still exists and the data is in it. I can run the setup.exe from the repository share and it works properly, but when trying to use the VCRM in the SW portion it fails now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Version Control Repository Disappeared

Check if there has been any change to your global protocol (SNMP...) settings. Have you done any changes (IP address or... to SIM server? Check that trust still exists.
Can you access VCRM from SMH?

Try and see if any of the above suggestions helps.
MsCindy
Advisor

Thank you very much for your quick response. Yes I can access the VCRM from the SMH. I have tried the rescan and rebuild the catalog and that didn't help. The other strange thing is I can't get to the SMH for the HPSIM server unless I am on the console of the HPSIM server. If I just do \\HpsimServerName:2381 from my PC I receive the error "There is no System Management Home Page for HpsimServerName". I can go to https://127.0.0.1:2381/ from the server itself with no problem.

I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by checking the global snmp settings, but I did check the following: SNMP settings on HPSIM server, SNMP Trap settings through HPSIM web page, Global Protocol Settings and I went through the First Time Wizard again.

I have also tried stopping and restarting the HPSIM services by using the mxstop an mxstart commands with no success. I didn't find a command that would just restart the VCRM.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

hi,

--------
If I just do \\HpsimServerName:2381 from my PC I receive the error "There is no System Management Home Page for HpsimServerName".
--------

You cannot access SMH using the above method.
it should be
https://127.0.0.1:2381/
https://servername:2381/
https://serverIP:2381/

------
The other strange thing is I can't get to the SMH for the HPSIM server unless I am on the console of the HPSIM server.
-------
Did I understand right that you can access SMH of a server through SIM console? If you can are you asked for a login and password.
If you have to enter your login/password everytime you do this your Trust relationships your problem.

----
I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by checking the global snmp settings, but I did check the following: SNMP settings on HPSIM server, SNMP Trap settings through HPSIM web page, Global Protocol Settings and I went through the First Time Wizard again.
----

I meant your settings under Global Protocol settings in your SIM server.

----
I have also tried stopping and restarting the HPSIM services by using the mxstop an mxstart commands with no success. I didn't find a command that would just restart the VCRM.
----

Is this a windows OS? You could then restart the SIM related services from Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services->HP...

MsCindy
Advisor

Hello, once again thank you for the response.

Sorry.. I didn't state how I was trying to access the SMH for the HPSIM server correctly. I am really doing a https://servername:2381 and receiving that error. I am only receiving that error on my HPSIM server. All other servers that are being monitored work properly. The only server that I have to be on the HPSIM console to access the SMH is for the HPSIM server itself. That is the only way to get to the SMH for the HPSIM server currently. I found this problem with the SMH for HPSIM server at the same time I found the problem with the VCRM.

Unfortunately restarting the HPSIM services does not help my problem.

Let me restate my problem:The HPSIM server does not recognize itself as a VCRM even though I can access the VCRM web page and see all of the PSP.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Ananthak23
Trusted Contributor

Try running Identification task against the SIM server itself. Set VCRM in HP SIM i.e by going to Options menu (in HP SIM) and then selecting VCRM and save it.

-Anantha
MsCindy
Advisor

Thank you for your response.

I tried running the Discovery task and Software/Hardware identification task against the HP SIM server. This still did not help the HPSIM server to be recognized as a VCRM.

I cannot set the VCRM because when I go to the Options menu and then VCRM my HPSIM server is not listed as a VCRM server to choose from.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

I suggest you try and re-install VCRm one more time.
Jeff Peil
Frequent Advisor

This exact issue just happened to me today. I have over 60 servers in there reporting fine, now they are mostly question marks and when I go to a server, open up the VC Agent and try to Change Agent Settings, everything is in there, but it says it can no longer connect to the Manager.

Still no answer to the other issues I have seen out here (clusters not showing up, etc.). Beginning to think SIM is becoming an unreliable product for managing servers.
MsCindy
Advisor

I am glad to hear it is not just I having this problem. What version are you running on your HP SIM server? I had recently installed PSP 7.50 on the server so I am hoping that that is not the issue. I still have not resolved my issue; I cannot take down time for a few more days. Keep me posted if you find a solution.