Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753844 Members
7694 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Repository Manager "403" error.

CSC SERVER SUPPORT

Version Control Repository Manager "403" error.

Hi All,

Have been playing with the Version Control Repository Manager in Insight and have configured all the proxy settings but keep getting this error:

Error: unable to connect.

Invalid HTTP status 403 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml.

We are running this on a windows 2003 server with SP2 and the Insight version is v2.1.11.197

From everything I have read the 403 code indicates the the client was able to communicate with the server, but the server won't let the client access what was requested.

Just need to know how do I get the server to let me get what is requested?
Not too sure if it a certificate thing or not, is the an account that the Insight manager needs to access this ftp site?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in Advance.
5 REPLIES 5
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Make sure you can access this ftp.hp.com URL with any FTP client [IE, filezilla etc.] using the same proxy settings.
CSC SERVER SUPPORT

Thanks for the reply,
I have put the address: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml into IE and can get the the site and see all the code and stuff.
But if I use the same proxy IP and port in the VCRM I still get this error:

Invalid HTTP status 403 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml.
Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml to local file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wh1D7E.tmp.
Invalid HTTP status 403 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/servers/software/WindowsIntegrity/catalog.xml.
Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/servers/software/WindowsIntegrity/catalog.xml to local file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wh1D7F.tmp.
Invalid HTTP status 403 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml.
Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml to local file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wh1D80.tmp.

In IE it will not ask for a password so I have tried with and with-out proxy password and still get the same thing.

Might try downloading the new version of Insight and see if I can work it out in a VM.
saks5th
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I am actually experiencing the same error, I can connect to ftp.hp.com using a web browser or an FTP client using the proxy configuration BUT using Version Control Repository configuration it fails giving me the following error...

Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml to local file C:\Windows\TEMP\wh215D.tmp.
Invalid HTTP status 403 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/servers/software/WindowsIntegrity/catalog.xml.
Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/servers/software/WindowsIntegrity/catalog.xml to local file C:\Windows\TEMP\wh216E.tmp.
Invalid HTTP status 403 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml.
Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml to local file C:\Windows\TEMP\wh21AD.tmp.

I'm running SIM 5.3.1.0 on a Windows Server 2008 server using SMH 3.0.1 and VCRM 2.2.1.830...

Thanks.
Jesper
Paul Kratz
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I am actually experiencing the same error. I configured the VCRM a few month ago and it worked fine. Since a few days I get the same error message the others get. I can go to the ftp site with browser and FTP-Tools.

Did somebody find a solution?

Greetings
Paul
saks5th
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

This issue has been resolved for me. After punching a hole in the firewall on port 21 for FTP I had accidentally left the proxy server configuration intact in IE (Tools -> Internet Options -> Connection -> LAN Settings), once removed (unchecked) the VCRM connected successfully to HP and began downloading the drivers and firmware updates. Hope this information helps.

Thanks.
Jesper