Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752525 Members
4286 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Repository Manager(vcvrm): no files available for download since december 2007

ArnoL
Advisor

Version Control Repository Manager(vcvrm): no files available for download since december 2007

We recentely ran into a problem with one of our proliant servers. We researched and found there was an update available, which could be downloaded from www.hp.com manually.
We were amazed this was not available in the sim server(5.1 sp1 with 7.90 agents) so we took a look at the vcrm and then took a look at the downloadsource at //ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib
We found that there have been no files available since december 2007 despite the fact that in the meantime there has been a proves bios update for the ml-350 G5 and a new smh(2.1.11).
We can't believe that there have been no updates since december. We took a look at the vcrm site and at the sim 5.1 site. Although the latter mentions a remote control update feature, we can't find a conclusive statement that there has been a change to the download mechanism and therefor an update is needed.

Please provide us with information. Is it true that there are no updates since 2007 or is this a mistake?
5 REPLIES 5
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

Re: Version Control Repository Manager(vcvrm): no files available for download since december 2007

Hi,
There is no PSP release from hp after december 2007. You will get new release probably on the month of Feb end or in the first week of March.

Regards
Gladdy.
ArnoL
Advisor

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but that was not what we wanted to know. Next to whole psp's we in get single instances of files, usually about one a week. At this point we haven't had any files since december while we found at least two manual downloadable files being available on www.hp.com. One for firmware.
It seems to suggest there is nothing made available or that we have missed some change in the download mechanism.
The vcrm we use is 7.90. It could be conceivable that it should be 7.91. However nowhere did we find any remark that this is needed.

Predator
Trusted Contributor

Arnol, thanks for the posting, but I guess there is no release for VCRM like 7.91, I think you are about to say 7.91 VCA. Is this right..
ArnoL
Advisor

Yes.
Still the basic question is that we don't recieve anything as there seems to be nothing in the sources. Yet two new files have been posted on the hp sie for manual download.
So don't you have had anything recently? I mean i assume all reader here use sim so either they have had something after december or not.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

I think it is by mistake. hope it will be resolved soon.