1753797 Members
8016 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Version Control Repository in HP-SIM 5.0 SP4 access problem

Bernd Theobalt
Advisor

Version Control Repository in HP-SIM 5.0 SP4 access problem

Im am running HP-SIM 5.0-SP4 on a server, where also the VCRM is installed. For any reason, deploying software updates to servers won't work anymore. If I using OPTIONS -> Version Control Repository and select the server whith the repository (where Trusted? YES), it results in following messages:

Contents of selected version control repository

Loading repository. This may take several seconds... <- here takes ~10 sec and then the following message comes:

Error retrieving repository. Be sure a trust relationship is established with the repository device.

I have checked the repository on the local SMH, but it works fine. I can update software and drivers localy with VCA without problem. I have checked the certificates and have done all tasks like it is written in the HP-SIM User Guide chapter 7, Networking and Security
-> Certificates. Can anybody give me some hints and tips to find the fault? Are there any logfiles where I can find more infomation, why retrieving information out of the repository fails?

Best regards,

Bernd Theobalt

4 REPLIES 4
Ananthak23
Trusted Contributor

Re: Version Control Repository in HP-SIM 5.0 SP4 access problem

Try deleting and re-adding the SIM certificate in SMH on SIM server itself. Then run identification task on the SIM server and see if it works.

-Anantha
Bernd Theobalt
Advisor

Did you mean:
https://:2381 -> security -> trusted management server -> trust by cert -> remove cert. Then add certificate frome server -> and try to load the repository from the HP-SIM -> Options -> Version Control Repository -> same error message as before.
Are there any log files where I con look for a more detailed error message?

Bernd
edzy55

Exactly the same problem. I've tryed all of the above and still have no idea whats the problem.

Dave.
Valued Contributor

I too had this problem, created another VCRM (on another server), used the function under the Catalog tab to copy PSP's to this new VCRM. Then re-configured the original VCRM to point to a different directory. Copied one PSP back. It then worked but it took ages to copy one PSP which may be due to the network/firewall/scanning going on.

I hope this may help other around the issue even though I still have not solved it totally.
Regards, Dave