Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753787 Members
7517 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Version Control Respository Manager - "The specified repository is invalid or not reachable"

DenverM
Occasional Contributor

Version Control Respository Manager - "The specified repository is invalid or not reachable"

I've been racking my brain on this one.  I set up VCRM on a server a few months ago and was getting "The specified repository, [server], is invalid or not reachable".  After a couple of months of research, I find a post that suggests doing these command lines:

C:\HP\hpsmh\bin>smhconfig.exe -Z ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:!EXPORT40:DES-CBC3-SHA:RC4-MD5:RC4-SHA:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-SSLv2:+EXP:!LOW:!eNULL:!aNULL

C:\HP\hpsmh\bin>smhconfig.exe -r

At first, this didn't seem to work.  Then one day it did and the server was working fine for a few months.  Now I'm getting the same error message.  The above fix does not work. 

Tried installing on different servers, no luck.  Checked firewall, no change.  Tried IP and fqdn.  Made sure have latest SMH and VCRM.

Any ideas?

Thanks 

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum. - Hp Forum moderator

1 REPLY 1
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Version Control Respository Manager - "The specified repository is invalid or not reachable

Hello,

You should install the latest VCA to connect to the VCRM. This because of the encription problems between the older VCA and the between SMH. VCA first connect to the VCRM trough the SMH of the server it wants to get the baseline from.
Kind regards,

Andrew