3469 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Version Control across different AD domains

mkav09
Occasional Collector

Version Control across different AD domains

Hi All,

Is it possible to manage software\firmware using Version Control across different AD domains?

Servers in the same domain can see the basline name in the VC Agent settings. But servers in another domain can only see the .xml file name in the basline name field.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

PS: I will upload screenshots soon.

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Version Control across different AD domains

Hello there,

I've been using the VCRM on the SIM server for more that 5 domains. Is the SMH and agents runnign fine on the machine you run your VCA on ? And if you could please add a screenshot of the screen you use.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
hkp11
Visitor

I have the same issue.  I have setup HP VCRM 7.3 (Win2012R2) in one non-trusted AD domain, but VCA 7.x (SUSE Linxu ES 11, connecting to another non-trusted AD domain) can't connect to it.  SNMP is setup correctly.  The VCA can get to older HP SIM 5.3 (Win2003) in the same domain as VCA for VC, but not to the new one in other domain.

Getting error:  The specified repositoy, VCRM server, is invalid or not reachable. 

I have the certificate of the  trusted managment server (VCRM) under the trusted management servers and also tried using the username/password of VCRM.  Both gave this error.   I have the trusted mode to trusted by certificate.

What is needed to get VCA's in other domains to access this new VCRM?

Thank you for assistance.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

As said earlier I use the VCRM in multiple domains. In the vca I've configured the credentials for the domain the SIM server is located in. The credentials are domainname\vcrmuser.

You could try the credentials if you connect to \\simserver.fqdn\d$, and see if that works. The user connecting to the VCRM should be local admin on the SIM server. You also could try the https://simserver:2381 to see if you can connect to the SIM server. The vca uses the 2381 port to connect to the VCRM.

Hope the helps, if not let us know...

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
hkp11
Visitor

Thank you Andrew for quick response!

We were able to finally get it working - only as root (SUSE Linux) logging into HP SMH & using VCA to connect to VCRM only locally from SUSE server. 

I had setup a local account that was part of hpsmh group on SUSE, and it had all the privileges to access HP SMH & VCA, but not connect to VCRM (doing this all remotely from https://SUSEserver:2381).  Even root privs did not work remotely.  Not sure why remotely does not work.

Thank you

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Sure, you're welcome !

Kind regards,

Andrew