Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version control Agent

Nahum36
Occasional Visitor

Version control Agent

Hi there,

first of all i would like to thank you all the HPSIM pro's out there who help each and everyone with he's various problems, and by doing a simple search i've managed to solve some problems.

Ok, so here's a fresh new one...
i'm trying to get the info from my HP DL 380G4 server to my HPSIM server, and i discovered that i didn't have the version control agent installed on the server.
i downloaded the version control agent from the DL 380 G4 support page and installed it on my server, and then i restarted the server, but no luck i still can't see the cersion control agent on my server when i open services.msc

the server is installed with Windows 2003 R2 standard edition with SP1
i configured the SNMP settings fine just as the other servers which i'm getting info from so i'm abit stuck here...

hope to hear from you soon as possible.
4 REPLIES
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

Re: Version control Agent

Do you have the System Management Homepgae installed?

Whenever I want to get a server into SIM, I normally install the SMHP and then the VC Agent. It works after that.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

It's usually better to install the entire PSP rather than individual components.
As you don't have the VCA, you can download the PSP, extract it and then run the included setup.exe. You may already have this extracted in the VCRM.
This runs the Remote Deployment Utility, from here you can pre-configure the agents, trusts etc.
From here the RDU will install / update what it requires, this should bring in all of the agents and drivers required.
Nahum36
Occasional Visitor

Hi there,

ok so i guess that the pronlem with the VCA agnet is solved, becuse when i accessed the HP SYSTEM MANAGEMENT HOMPAGE and i saw that the VCA was not configured.
i followed the instructions, and configured the HPSIM server with the user name and password of the of the HP SYSTEM MANAGEMENT HOMEPAGE to login to the HPSIM SERVER.

as i recall, i installed the PSP on the server, but since we didn't use HPSIM until recnetly i can't remember which version it was...so i guess that i' still stuck with this VCA agnet that i can't see runing.

as far as i know, HPSIM comes with 5 free licensses which i can install on dedicated servers that i choose, but because i'm a rookie i don't to do something i'm not sure of, not to mention that this is the FILE SERVER of the company, and that last thing i want is to cause some kind problms.

about the HPSIM i'm A FRESH in this area that's why i'm writing you guys. so bear with me.

when i chose to deploy drivers to the server, i'm getting this message:
This repository is empty.

how do i solve this?
Rancher
Honored Contributor

You don't need licenses to install the agents or the PSP. Have you populated your version control repository from HP's site? Here is the documentation on doing that. Once you get it set up, it will download the PSPs and qutomatically check back with HP for any updates.
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00293365/c00293365.pdf